21

Azias' POV

One day earlier

I exited my car and sighed as I saw Faith waiting for me at the drop off location she had set up. I then went into my trunk and took out the hand I had cut off the target she and her anonymous friend wanted me to take care of.

Apparently, they needed the guy's finger print to access certain files, but since they had beef with the guy, they wanted to take more drastic measures in gaining his fingerprint.

I was asked to kill him and bring his left hand. Upon proof of my completion, I was promised the documents to my brother's case.

"Here," I said as I handed over the hand, which I had tied up in a black plastic bag. The fucker's blood had gotten all over my shirt, but I luckily had on my jacket to hide the blood stains.

Faith looked inside the bag and smiled before promising, "You'll have your documents this time tomorrow. Same place."

I frowned, "I thought I'd be getting them right after!"

"We didn't know if you'd pull through," she reasoned, and I grilled her. The fuck did she think I was?

"Well, I did. I want the files this time tomorrow. No more games or dances around the information," I warned her. Otherwise, it would be her hand that I'd be delivering to Sapphire. This lady had already fucked up my relationship. The least she could do was give me the fucking documents on my brother.

I stared off into the distance as I thought of how to make it up with Sapphire. I wanted to talk things out, but she was being petty over me telling her to wait for me in the car! I hadn't even anticipated spending longer than five minutes in the restaurant, but Faith was careful with her words. She fed me small information, enough for me to know that she wasn't bullshitting, but not nearly enough for me to know where to find Ace. Then she told me about what she and her friend needed me to do, and we discussed what would happen if either one of us back stabbed the other.

"Reaper?" She called out to me, snapping me out of my thoughts. I hadn't even realized how far I had drifted off into space.

I turned my head to face her and ask her what she had said, but before I could, this bitch fucking kissed me!

The minute her lips touched mine, I pushed her off and backed up. She must've wanted a death wish!

"Come on, I know you want to!" She purred while batting her lashes at me.

She was a very attractive woman, but I didn't give a fuck! No one was worth messing around with, no matter how pretty they were. I was in a committed relationship with someone I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. Faith was lucky we struck a deal to not come after each other, otherwise I would've put a bullet in her for the damage she caused.

I hated seeing Sapphire hurt, and I knew I let her down by not defending her. I got so caught up in trying to find Ace that I didn't stop to think about my girl's feelings, and that was fucked up. I knew I needed to at least apologize for that much!

"Listen, and listen close cause the next time you try some dumb shit like that, your hand won't be the only thing your anonymous friend or Cyber receives in their mail!" I started, and her eyes widened as she gasped aloud. "Your bullshit already fucked up my relationship! You don't talk to my girl like that, and I don't care how attractive you are or you find me. You disrespect her again, I'll fucking cut your tongue out!"

"A bit rash, don't you think?" Faith teased, but I could see the fear in her eyes. "I'm sorry."

I let her know, "It's not okay," before walking away and entering my car. I needed a drink or two before telling Sapphire about what went down. I knew I was about to be a single man!