67

A/N: Hey y'all. These chapters are honestly beyond late. I was sick for a couple of days, and then after that I had a whole pile of stuff to do. I'm gonna post 3 chapters today, and then post the other 3 when I get the chance to edit them sometime this week. I'm sorry for the wait & delay 😪 These are the final 6 chapters of the book, so after the next 3 that I post after today, the book will be officially done. Hang in there 😩

"Pull over right here," I said to Ace as I pointed to an area for him to stop driving.

"What you up to?" Ace asked as he slowly eased into the spot so that Marco would know to pull over too.

As I hopped out of the car, I answered, "Dealing with Richard." Ace frowned as he hopped out of the car too, and we watched as Richard pulled over behind Marco. "Have your gun?"Ace slightly lifted his shirt to show me the gun that he had tucked inside the waist of his pants. "Let's go."

I began walking over to Richard's car with Ace following beside me, and Marco rolled his windows down to ask, "Y'all good?"

"Yeah," I nodded. "I'll put you on in a second."

"Aight," he nodded.

I then looked over at Sapphire, who teasingly blew me a kiss, so I chuckled and sent her a wink before heading over to Richard's car.

Richard rolled his window down and asked, "Is there a problem?"

"Did Devon tell you where to find your son?" I questioned.

"Yes," Richard nodded. "He told my wife where to find him but promised that if she or any cops showed up, they'd kill our son. He wanted me and me alone. I was hoping you two could sneak in and help."

"He didn't say anything about us?" I asked and Devon shook his head.

Ace frowned, "If he's pissed that we're not his family anymore, why wouldn't he say anything about us?"

"I guess he wants to punish just me, I don't know," Richard shrugged, but neither Ace nor I was buying that weak ass excuse. I sighed and looked at Ace, who immediately knew what I wanted to do. Ace pulled his gun out and aimed it at Richard's head, and Richard immediately froze.

"Try again," Ace coldly said as he cocked the trigger back.

Richard nervously chuckled, "...You wouldn't...shoot your dad?"

Ace shot one of Richard's tires before teasing, "...You wouldn't...wanna take that chance?"

Richard gulped before confessing, "Devon might've promised that he'd let my son go if I brought you two to him, but I swear I would've taken a bullet for you two if he tried to attack you both!"

"Sure," I sarcastically replied. "Get out the car."

"I swear!" Richard promised, but I didn't believe him for a second.

"I'm not gonna repeat myself," I let him know, but he still stayed inside the car. Annoyed, I grabbed him by his coat and began yanking him out the window.

"Please! I just wanted my son back. I swear I wouldn't have let Devon hurt you two!" Richard pleaded.

"What's the address?" I asked, and he frantically pulled his phone out and showed me a text from his wife with the address in it. I memorized the address before destroying and throwing his phone somewhere deep in the bushes so that he wouldn't be able to contact anyone and betray us. Ace then shot another one of Richard's tires to ensure that he wouldn't be able to follow us. "We'll come back with your son, then you'll leave and never show your face again. Clear?"