38

A/N: these chapters bout to get juicer after this week 🤣 remember I told y'all to pay attention? 🤭👀😭

Azias' POV

I poured myself a glass of Hennessy and downed it quickly as I waited for Sapphire to leave the bedroom with her packed bag. I couldn't stomach watching as she packed it, so I left the minute she agreed to pack them. I didn't want to watch as she'd gather her things because I knew I'd get tempted to tell her never mind, but she needed to go.

She had stooped lower than I ever thought she would, and I was angry at her for making me relive my worst memories last night. I still loved her, which sucked because I didn't actually want her to go. What I didn't want more than that, however, was someone around me that sought opportunities to use my worst experiences against me. I was in an emotionally conflicting position, but mentally, I knew what had to be done.

I had to let her go.

That was the only reason why I had joined Ace in the living room to drink my pain away, but instead of using the liquor as a distraction, I had been using it as a complement to my obsessive staring at the entrance of the living room.

I knew that seeing Sapphire with her bag packed would finalize everything, and I didn't want that yet, even though I knew that moment was bound to come.

"You gonna keep staring at the entrance or you gonna go get ya girl back?" Ace asked me, and I turned my head to face him.

I coldly replied, "She's not mine anymore."

Ace frowned, "She broke up with you?" I shook my head. "You broke up with her?!" I gave a simple nod before downing and then pouring myself another glass. "Why the fuck would you do that?!"

"She outdone herself this time," I answered before downing the drink.

"Y'all can't talk it out?" Ace frowned, and I gave him a mean mug before turning my head to the entrance again. "Just saying, damn," he chuckled. "I know you like to bottle up your feelings and all, but that Henny won't talk back to you. If you wanna talk about it—"

I cut him off with a harsh, "I don't."

"Alright, Moody Judy," Ace nodded, and I passed him the bottle. "So where will she stay then? Where will you?"

"I don't know, Nosy Rosy," I replied, and he coughed out a laugh that he failed miserably to hide. "She'll stay with her mom and Rose. You and I will be staying wherever the road leads us."

"Okay," Ace replied as he passed me the bottle, but I realized that he hadn't actually been drinking.

"Yo, you had any yet?" I asked with confusion laced in my face. I received a head shake that told me no. I then looked at the bottle, which had gone down a good halfway since Ace had taken it from me. What was worst was that when he had taken it, the bottle was already about halfway done...

I frowned, "How comes you haven't drunk?"

"Cause I drove Sapphire here and thought I might have to drive her back after I saw your condition," he answered. "Unless you want her driving, I think it's best I don't drink anything."

I thought for a while to myself before saying, "Maybe I should let her drive back. I can give her the directions and what not."

Picking up on what I was trying to do, Ace mocked me, "Trying to play emotionally detached, brother?"

"Fuck off," I grumpily replied.

"You know you don't have the stomach to take that girl to her folks, much less let things actually end," Ace spoke, and I rolled my eyes.