20

I softly hummed random melodies as I patted Azias' face with a wet cloth. He had been sweating in his sleep, so I thought it best to cool him down. I was still angry at him, but I still cared about his well-being. Had he been up, I would've probably been telling him to fuck off though...

At least he hadn't abandoned me; he just left me behind on the very thing we said we'd be accomplishing together was all...

I washed and wrung the cloth out in the bathroom sink while singing Garden by SZA. I then returned to pat Azias down, only this time moving to his neck.

"Open your heart up," I sang softly so that I wouldn't wake him. "Hoping you'll never find out who I really am. Cause-"

Azias' eyes flickered open, and I froze completely. I had never hummed or sung around him. I didn't even do that around Rose or my parents...parent. I kept singing as my private hobby because I was very insecure about it. I was hoping that he hadn't heard me.

"Hey," he greeted me as he looked around the room.

"Hi," I said as I removed the cloth from his neck.

"What happened?" He frowned as he slowly sat up.

"You came in drunk yesterday and-"

He frowned, "Yesterday?!"

"Yeah," I nodded. "You slept through the rest of the day." He looked outside the window and noticed that it was still dark, so I explained, "It's two in the morning. I couldn't sleep, and you were sweating a lot, so I decided to occupy myself."

"Oh...thank you," he replied as he looked around the room some more.

"You're probably hungry. I made dinner a while back. It's in a black container in the fridge," I informed.

I took his burner off the charger and handed it to him. "Thanks," he said before checking the phone. "Damn! 26 miscalls..."

"Forgot to delete those," I admitted. "Thought you moved to another safe house and left me behind. Come to find out you only ditched me for the day to do the very thing we said we'd do together."

"Yeah, I'll get going now." He must've thought I was going to argue with him. Really, I was just telling it how it was. There was nothing for me to argue about, and I wouldn't have entertained an argument either. Azias climbed off the bed, revealing a very damp area in the spot he was laying. "Oh shit!"

"Great!" I scoffed. He must have been sweating out the alcohol during his sleep!

All I knew was that I'd have to change the sheets.

He shrugged, "You can always sleep in the other room." He must've seen the irritation on my face.

"Will you be staying here?"

"To sleep in my sweat? No."

"Guess it's the couch for me then," I sighed as I stood to go to the living room.

Azias sighed, "Can you just stop being petty for a minute?"

"Azias, you hurt my feelings on numerous occasions. Me distancing myself isn't to be petty. I just don't wanna get hurt anymore than I already am, so please leave me alone," I requested.

"Don't say that."

"Say what, Zy?"

"All of what you just said. I know you don't wanna be left alone. 26 miscalls? And you know I wouldn't hurt you."

I chuckled to myself before explaining, "Those 26 miscalls weren't because I missed you. They were to either curse you out, ask you for the directions of the safe house Rose and my mom are in, or both." He tried to speak but I cut him off and told him, "I'm not done speaking! You saying you wouldn't hurt me when I feel hurt is among the many insensitive things you've done and said to me these past two days."