28

A/N: From here on out, you should pay close attention to every little detail because the twists and turns I'm gone give y'all 🫣🤭 Things will start unfolding, okay? Just remember I told you so 🤭

Azias' POV

Sapphire was right.

I had entered a house without fully anticipating what I'd be dealing with. There were more guards inside than there were outside, and I figured that was to deceive anyone who thought they could just knock out six guards and take what they wanted.

There were about ten guards, other than the three that entered from the back of the house the minute shots began firing in here. I had been taking down guys from left to right. There were only three men left, and they were putting up a fight. One was injured after getting shot in the arm, but he was still shooting back from his cover spot. I got rid of him first before making a move on the other two. Once I had taken them down, I went searching for Ace.

Boom. Boom. Boom.

My heart was hammering my chest as I took shallow breaths. I nervously bit into my bottom lip as my most traumatic moment began playing in my head. In an instant, my mind was back in the park those many years ago.

It was 80 degrees out, but the air felt cold and wild as people pushed past me, scrambling to get out of the line of fire. My breaths were so slow that I felt as if I wasn't even breathing. Blood decorated my shirt and face; my hands, drenched. Two lifeless bodies. I couldn't save either of them...

Focus! I begged myself as I snapped back into reality. Ace was my priority now. I wouldn't allow him to turn out like Jade or Zion, if he was still alive. Was he even here?

He had to have been here, otherwise, he was probably dead or about to be for my uninvited presence! I hadn't seen any sign of the Dumont's yet, but I was sure at least one guard contacted them before meeting his death.

Finding Ace became even more important. I couldn't risk losing him, if he wasn't already lost...

I should've listened to Sapphire and been more careful, but so much time had passed since Ace first got kidnapped. I had to treat every minute as his potential last. That meant finding him as soon as possible!

I found a room in the basement and quickly drew another gun that had more ammo. I didn't know what to expect once opening the door and thought I should at least be prepared for anything the best way I could be. It's what Sapphire would have advised.

I kicked the door open and began searching the room for any threats. There was none. It appeared to me that I had gotten rid of all the guards already.

That was a mistake on the Dumont's end. They clearly didn't know what I was capable of...that this amount of armed men was nothing for me. That's how I knew for sure that they weren't the Boss or working with whoever the Boss was. The Boss would've known that this amount of armed men would not be able to stop me. After all, the amount of men that came after me the day shit blew up said it all. I had to take down about 30 people. My guards helped, until they were taken down too, but for the most part, I had single handedly kept myself alive. I had been in situations that were worse too.

The Boss wouldn't have made it this easy for me. It appeared to me that I was dealing with rich amateurs...

I put on a flashlight as I continued to search the room. I was growing nervous upon not finding anything or anyone, but then right as I was about to lose hope, I saw a figure in one of the corners of the room. I walked closer to the still figure, taking slow steps and breaths— not sure what I'd find.