24

Azias snatched the paper from Stuart's fingers, and Stuart immediately began panicking. "You're not gonna kill me now that you got what you wanted, right?!" Stuart nervously asked as he packed away his things.

"It would be a great way to make sure you don't betray me," Azias pointed out. "I know you have that tendency..."

"I mean, you're Reaper! I'd be an idiot to! I swear I won't!" Stuart frantically replied. I could see the amount of fear that consumed his body, and I could tell that he truly was afraid of Azias's retaliation if he were to even think of betraying Azias. "You have my word, Reaper!"

Azias frowned, "That's the thing, your word doesn't mean much..."

"Please!" Stuart began to cry. "I'll do anything!"

"Well, you can start by apologizing to my girlfriend for what you said earlier," Azias instructed, and Stuart nodded before turning to me.

Stuart was genuinely afraid that he would die tonight. It was written all over his face. I, too, wanted to know if Azias was playing around with him like he had with me when I confessed I was working with the boss, or if Azias was actually considering killing Stuart.

"I am so sorry! I was wrong for saying what I did, and I was wrong for looking at you the way I did!" Stuart apologized. "It was disrespectful and uncomfortable. I'd undo it if I could!"

"You're forgiven," I let him know.

Azias teased, "Speak for yourself! I wanna know why he had the balls to say what he did."

"I just heard from the streets that you and your men have been MIA. I figured you were in trouble and desperate. Powerless, even. It was stupid of me. I'm sorry!" Stuart apologized.

"Your leg won't be the only thing you lose if you do something stupid," Azias warned; Stuart nodded in fear.

Stuart confirmed, "I won't!"

"Get out," Azias ordered, and the poor guy left scrambling out of the room.

As soon as the door closed, I questioned, "Who are the Dumont family?"

"They've been after a few properties that I owe. They've been trying to get me to sell it to them for years now," Azias informed.

"Do you think they're working with the Boss or are the Boss?" I questioned. The fact that Emily was working undercover this whole time was crazy! Yet again, this was probably how everyone felt when they found out that I had been doing undercover work.

Azias shrugged, "I don't know. I just know Emily was doing her parents' bidding by trynna get close to Ace. Her parents may know where to find them." Azias looked at the information on the paper Stuart gave him and sighed, "They live not too far from here."

"Guess this is why Ace and Emily came to Cali," I nodded.

"Yeah," Azias agreed. He then took my hand in his and led the way out of the club.

We were on our way to the car when a girl screamed, "Ahhh! Reaper!" from behind us. Azias and I turned around, and upon seeing the person, I felt Azias' hand tighten around mine. He seemed tensed around her, which made me wonder who she was. She got closer and smiled, "Haven't seen you in ages!"

"Jessica," he greeted with a nod. He looked down at me and then looked up at Jessica again. I hadn't recognized her, but I had surely remembered her name. She was that lady that Azias had went to a year ago when he wanted to get over his feelings for me. I figured that he thought I recognized her and would get upset at him. I actually didn't care that they ran into each other. As long as Jessica wouldn't try something, my smack-a-bitch faze would remain dormant.