have you ever?

"Jake no. No it's not what it looks like-" I stuttered.

"Really!" He manic laughed, "and to think I was going to come here and apologise to you both." He sighed, looking at us in disgust.

"Jake wait." Vinnie yelled. "Please come here so we can explain." He begged.

"Please." I added.

Jake turned his head for a brief second. "You've got 1 minute to try and explain this bullshit." He announced, as he folded his arms in annoyance.

Vinnie shuffled around on the door, adjusting himself as he figured what he was going to say to try and get out of this. "I fucking like her Jake, and I let things come between us once. I let her go. I let her leave. It's my fault and my responsibility. And I will make sure with every bone in my body that nothing will come in the way of us two. I was stupid before. It was a stupid mistake. But I know what I want. I know that I want this more than anything. You don't know how hard it is to live in a house with someone that you're completely and utterly in love with." Vinnie paused for a second realising what he said.

"In love?" I repeated as Jake widened his eyes.

Vinnie just looked at me briefly and then looked down the the sand that he was nervously playing with.

"Just please Jake. I know you're pissed off and I've lied to you and betrayed your trust but this is all because I need this. I couldn't do any of this without her." He hit the ground.

"Okay." Jake sighed. "Okay." He backed away.

"What?" Vinnie questioned Jake's acceptance of the situation.

"I won't say anything." He stated. "I won't tell them BUT if this doesn't work out, if you fuck this up, either one of you. I'll tell them how long this has really been going on; and one of you will, with out a doubt, be moving out of that house." Jake yelled.

"Okay." Vinnie flinched. "Thank you bro." Vinnie got up and embraced his friend into a hug.

"If he doesn't treat you like he treats the fucking cat, Hera. You come tell me." Jake joked as he pointed at me. Vinnie laughed. Jake walked off back to the group. As soon as Jake was round the corner. Vinnie picked me up, planting kisses all over my face and neck.

"I promise, by the way." He held his pinky finger out. I latched into it. "I promise that I will never do anything to intentionally fuck this up." He laughed as I giggled at his grin.

I embraced him in another hug as we both watched the sunset. Bare skin against bare skin.
This was perfect. I wanted to grab this moment and bottle it forever. The fact that Vinnie loved me but was too nervous to say it, and without intent I knew I loved him too.

"Let's go back before they starting getting all sus on us." Vinnie nudged me as he grabbed my hand.

And that was it. Moment over, we were now back to being two people that occupy the same house. No holding hands, no kissing, no embracing. Nothing.

We spent the rest of the evening under Jake's watch. No one knew but him, although I think they had their suspicions.

 No one knew but him, although I think they had their suspicions