1. My world

CHAPTER 1
Ilaria de Luca

[2 years ago]

All I needed to hear, were the words, "He was so stupid. Gullible, if you will," for the glass bottle in my hand to some crashing down onto Brianna Reed's head.

The clocks ticking caught my attention for a split second until an overbearing feeling of pride washed over me.

9am right on cue.

Maybe a mental hospital patient shouldn't have had a kid with a remorseless killer.

Or maybe they just shouldn't have expected to have a normal daughter who'd grow up without giving them any trouble.

Or just being trouble herself.

The glass bottle shatters, shards of it falling onto the once soft carpet that has now trapped our blood, tears, anguish and the screams of many before us. I watch as Brianna's body drops to the floor and her hands fly to her head.

You're mine, now.

Within a second I'm on top of her, grabbing a handful of her hair while my fist repeatedly collides with her face. My vision blurs as my range swallows me.

"Beat her ass, E!" Ximena – the closest friend I have here – encourages me.

"No you idiot. It's 'I'," Lola groans.

"What's you?" Ximena obliviously asks before hers and all the other voices turn distraught.

I could feel my heart thumping in my chest, as a fire shot through my veins. With tensed muscles, all I could think about was what he had told me.

The heat and anger radiated off of me so much that no one dared to stop me.

At least not yet.

As she kicked and tried getting out from under me, her elbow knocked into my nose but I barely realized until I felt blood trickle down to my lips.

Bitch!

Girls shrieking.

Chairs tumbling over.

Feet stomping on the carpet.

Gasps and murmurs echo.

I watch as her pale skin disappears and red ink stains not only my knuckles but my shirt, arms and hair.

Wrong family, Brianna Reed.

Escaping to Spain wasn't going to stop me from finding you.

Two pairs of arms hooked onto me and I was lifted into the air. My chest rose and fell as I stared down at the result of my many anger fuelled tantrums.

"Get off me!" I groan as nurses rush towards Brianna.

"Ilaria calm down!" Santiago demands as he and Rafael attempt to carry me away from the scene I had just created.

"No! Let go!" I yell, attempting to get loose of their tight grip by kicking my feet and pulling my arms back and forth.

"She's gone mental," I hear a faint whisper.