18. Sweet dreams

CHAPTER 18
Ilaria de Luca

I dust the flour off my hands as I grab two eggs thereafter.

I crack the eggshells before adding the eggs in the mixing bowl. Humming Sweet dreams I crossed over to the fridge.

I grabbed some milk and started measuring it before pouring it into the bowl.

"Brownies?" I hear Jayson's voice and I immediately stop. My eyes grow wide as the milk container drops out of my hand, falling to the ground.

I feel the milk splatter on my feet, slowly pouring out.

My heart pounds in my chest as tears sting behind my eyes.

Jayson.

It's like I could feel his arms snake around my waist from behind, his lips inches away from my ear.

"You miss me?" he asks and I close my eyes, swallowing hard.

Taking a deep breath in his cologne flutters into my nose and my stomach swirls with nostalgia.

He slightly pulls his head back to look at me and I bite my bottom lip, shaking my head.

It- it can't be.

"You don't want to look at me?" he asks and I blink a few times, tears disappearing.

Slowly, I turn my head and I get sucked into his dark eyes. They felt like a black hole. Once I was in I couldn't get out.

Only, it wasn't Jayson. But Mattia.

He turns me around, gently taking my face in his hands.

"My sweet girl," he smiles. He has Jayson's voice. "You didn't miss me, did you?" he asks and I open my mouth to object but I can't.

Physically, words aren't coming out of my mouth.

How does he have Mattia's face but Jayson's voice?

"It's okay," he softly says. "I understand."

"Jayson?" I breathlessly say and he smiles.

"She does speak," he humorously says, stepping closer to me and I swallow hard. "I missed you, Ilaria. So, fucking much," he softly says before resting his forehead against mine.

An eerie feeling forms in my stomach as he gently cups my face with his hand.

He leans in and I squeeze my eyes shut.

I feel his lips on mine, a dangerous heat running through my body.

Heat poured out of my fingertips as I lifted my hand to his face. I lightly graced my fingertips over his skin it felt as soft as ever.

His kiss was dangerously fuelled. Passionate. Harsh. Lust. Greed.

It wasn't Jayson.

He never felt like this.

My Jayson never felt like this.

It was Mattia. I was kissing Mattia.

His hands glided to my waist as he held my body up against his. I got so lost in his kiss that my hands subconsciously held onto the back of his neck.

I stood up on my toes, deepening the kiss.

"You're finally speaking to me," I breathlessly say, feeling him smile into the kiss.