9. Bad kisser

CHAPTER 9
Ilaria de Luca

After many more rounds Angelo finally appeared out of thin air, curling his finger at me.

"You. Here. Now," he sternly says and I swallow hard as I get up.

I make my way through everyone and Angelo grabs my arm, pulling me away from the crowd.

"What am I hearing?" he asks and I scoff humorously.

"I think you're forgetting how ears work," I slowly say. "I can't hear what you can," I whisper leaning forward.

"Jesus, are you drunk?" he asks, pressing the back of his four fingers against my forehead. "High on weed? Knocked up on pills?" he asks forcing his fingers against my forehead and I groan, hitting his hand away.

"I sniffed some shit," I shrug my shoulders and his eyes grow wide.

"Where? Here? I know you didn't sniff anything here," he quickly says and I press my lips into a thin line.

"I saw Mattia and some guys to it and yeah I admit, I kind of miss it," I confess.

"There's your first mistake. Mattia," he says breathing heavily. "People don't do what Mattia does. The shit he sniffs, God Ria," he sighs. "You can sniff or swallow or eat or drink whatever the fuck you want, just not what Mattia does."

"Why not?" I ask feeling a little light headed.

"Look, there's so much you don't know yet but I can't tell you about it. Just trust me, okay?" his tone changes - more soft - and I nod.

"Okay, I won't do it next time."

"Good. If you wanna sniff now and then just come find me," he swings an arm around my shoulder. "I'll get you shit that doesn't make you see three heads."

I laugh before stopping.

"How did you..."

"I learned my lesson the hard way," he presses his lips into a thin line and I burst out laughing. "And trust me when I say, I did a lot more lines than you."

Wow, I missed him.

Him and I join everyone else, continuing to have a good time.

Even though Angelo is extremely overprotective when it comes to me, deep down he's still my fun-loving brother.

As long as I'm getting into trouble with him, he doesn't care. At least he knows he'll be there to protect me.

With weak legs I used the walls and counters to help keep me up. Everything became blurry and I stopped when Mattia had two heads. One of them was... blond?

No. Mattia didn't have two heads.

He was just making out with the blond.

For some reason I found it quite hilarious so my hand flew to my mouth in attempt to hide my laughter. Mattia frowned and his eyes shifted to me.

His eyes weren't closed.

Mystery solved.

He doesn't know how to kiss.

I immediately burst out into laughter and cover my mouth with both hands.

Oh my God, Mattia is a bad kisser.

I quickly cleared my throat, biting back a smile. I had to walk past them for the toilet which was all the way upstairs.

I hope I make it that far without falling flat on my face.