24. Cake

CHAPTER 24
Ilaria de Luca

I made my way through the house so that I could call Marcus and ask him to take me home.

I was over this night.

And I was done with his shit.

He wants to screw other girls, I'll fucking let him.

I immediately paused in thought.

Mamma wouldn't just leave, would she?

Shaking my head I whipped around and headed in the direction of the stairs.

I'm going to use their little faces as punching bags. Then I'm going break his dick in half.

Yes. And then you can leave.

"Where do you think you're going?" Marcus pops up in front of me, holding a ridiculously cute smile.

My anger immediately washed away and I smiled.

"I'm going to kill a few girls," I say and he scrunches up his face.

"Well, don't leave me behind," he softly says and I can't help but laugh. "But seriously. Where are you going?" he asks.

"I was just looking for you," I lie. "I was starting to get worried since you disappeared on me."

"Oh, sorry," he laughs. "I made a new friend," he grins and I roll my eyes, knowing what he meant.

"You don't last long, do you?" I tease. "Because I barely left you twenty minutes ago so someone must have lost his game."

He looks taken back by my accusation and I innocently shrug my shoulders.

"You keep talking and I'll show you how long I last," he says, stepping towards me.

"Oh my," I fake a little gasp. "You want to show lil ol' me?" I ask, putting my hand on my heart and he laughs. "Maybe-" I get cut off as some guy dances into me.

"Maybe go do nothing somewhere else, princess," he irritably says and I shove him back.

"You knocked into me, asshole," I scoff and he smiles, stepping towards me.

Marcus pulls me behind him as he steps towards the brunette, shaking his head.

Only now I realized how tall and broad Marcus really was compared to the guys around us.

This guy had about a few inches on me – with some muscle too – but really didn't stand a chance against Marcus.

"Apologize and I'll consider not crushing your skull against this brick wall," he warns and my eyes grow wide.

With those arms I don't doubt he can.

The brunette scoffs, looking down at me and I clench my fist around Marcus' jacket. He looks back up at Marcus and shakes his head.

"She was so tough-" Marcus cuts him off by grabbing him by the neck.

He slams him into the wall, his knuckles turning white with his tight grip on the brunettes neck.

My stomach drops as I rush toward them, grabbing Marcus' other arm.

"Okay, fuck!" he groans. "I'm sorry or whatever," he grabs Marcus' wrist.

Marcus doesn't let go and for a split second I see the anger in his eyes – something I never thought I'd see – and I swallow hard.

"Mean it," Marcus says – lowering his voice – and the brunette scrunches up his face, looking over at me.