10. History

CHAPTER 1
Ilaria de Luca

I groaned, sitting up on my bed. I rubbed my forehead and it took a second for me to realize that this isn't where I fell asleep.

I got out of bed and went over to the bathroom. I splashed my face with some water to fully wake up.

I brushed my teeth and put on sweatpants and a t-shirt so that I could quickly grab some painkillers.

With my eyes still burning I made my way downstairs. I downed two painkillers and sat down on one of the stools, trying to recall what happened yesterday.

I sniffed an unknown powder, played some games, got up to pee, ran into Mattia, used the bathroom, hit some guy over the head, Mattia showed up, woke up in the car, walked inside and plopped down onto the sofa.

That's it.

Am I missing anything?

My thoughts got interrupted by Mattia walking into the kicthen. He stops at the fridge – barely acknowledging me – and grabs a beer.

"Don't you think its too early to be drinking?" I ask taking a sip of water.

He blatantly ignores me and my eyes immediately dropped to his red knuckles. He closed the door and before I could question him, he left. Though, I mentally reminded myself to question him on it later.

Wonder what's up his ass this morning.

I hopped into the shower and got dressed into some shorts and a tank top. I slipped on my unicorn slippers and sat down at my vanity mirror to brush my hair when the door slammed open.

"Oh my God Ria, I'm so sorry," Angelo rushes inside and throws his arms around my shoulders. "I should've been keeping an eye on you yesterday," he says, squeezing me in his arms.

"Woah," I awkwardly laugh and he pulls away. "What are you talking about?"

He hesitantly pulls away and crouches down next to me.

"You look fine," he cautiously says.

"That's because I am. Angelo, what's going on?"

"I thought you got drugged last night?" he sniffs, looking all sad and worried and shit.

I frowned and almost laughed. "What? Why would you think that?" I ask and his head tilts to the side.

"Because-"

His sad expression immediately morphed into an angry one and he shot up, storming out of my room.

Mattia.

"Angelo!" I call out after him as I run downstairs. He doesn't stop until we got to the living room.

"You're fucking sick, you know that right," Angelo hisses and Mattia calmly looks up from his phone.

His gaze shifts between Angelo and I and grins.

"I think you meant to say 'Thank you for getting my sister home untouched', and in that case... you're welcome."

Angelo scoffs in disbelief and throws two throw pillows – ironic – at Mattia's head but he simply hits them away with his hands.

"You're such an ass," I shake my head at him.

"You don't get to talk to me," he says before focusing his attention back on his phone.

"And you are?"

My head snapped to a male voice coming from the sofa and I heard Mattia scoff.

It's the guy from last night. He asked me to marry him, that much I remember.