We are Family

~~Summer one but with the converse, not the vans~~

"Horsepower engine," Milton started. "Aluminum rims with independent suspension," Jack added. "Four-wheel servo-drive disc brakes," I also added. "It's...Red," Jerry was tried. I saw Kim walk up to us looking...different. "Kim, you look...different," I sniffled a laugh. "Go ahead and laugh, but I just got us 10 bucks closer to buying that go-kart," Kim held up a 10-dollar bill. "Isn't Wilford Beauty College paying people to be their practice dummies?" I asked. 

We walked into the dojo and over to Jack's locker where we kept a jar of money we were saving for the go-kart. "Time to kick in," I grabbed the jar and opened it up. "I made 40 bucks by visiting my great aunt Betty. She thinks it's my birthday every time I go and gives me money. I went 4 times yesterday," Milton bragged. "I went twice," Jack didn't explain any further. "Cindy Connors gave ten bucks to stop asking her out in front of her boyfriend," Eddie added. "I Got 60 from babysitting," I put the money in the jar. "Wait someone put an I.O.U in here?" I questioned. "Took five bucks to buy a foot-long at captain corndogs. It's dope yo. Whoo," I deadpanned. 

We all turned to Jerry who was eating a corndog. "Who would do something like that?" Jerry tried. "Dude, come on, Jerry," Jack chastized. "You're the only one who hasn't contributed to the go-kart fund," I stated. "I don't have the talent to make money. I even tried selling doors door-to-door. You know how hard it is to find a house without a door?" Jerry asked. Rudy came walking into the dojo looking like a complete fool holding 10-bucks. "You guys are never gonna guess how I just made 10-bucks," He said happily.

We guessed he was at the college, but he apparently sold his gold shoes. He had no idea about the beauty college paying people to be their test dummies. 

~~Time Skip~~

Kim came walking in looking like a clown again "Another 10-bucks towards the go-kart," Kim put the money in the jar. "Has Jerry put any money in yet?" I asked. Nobody had seen Jerry in two days and not going to lie I was starting to get worried for him. "Guys, we were pretty rough on him," Jack says. "He's probably embarrassed he can't kick in enough for the go-kart," Milton added. 

As we walked out of the dojo we saw the go-kart we were all saving up to get stop in front of us. The guy stepped out and took off his helmet "Jerry?!" I was shocked. "Oh hey, you guys, you like my new ride?" He asked us. "You bought our go-kart?" Jack asked. we all nodded in agreement. "I, uh, I decided to go solo," Jerry acted like he was some big shot and it wasn't working for him. "Two days ago you couldn't go solo on a gumball," Milton pointed out. 

"That was before I got a job delivering meatballs for the meatball king," Jerry bosted. Jerry's phone started ringing and as he took the call I started getting that gut feeling again. "You know what, doll? Why don't you go get yourself fixed up," Jerry looked at Kim. Then he looked at me. "You should try dressing up a bit more babe," Oh he did not just say that to me. "That's it," Kim yelled. The guys grabbed her stopping her from attacking but they forgot about me.

I tackled him to the ground "You ever saying something that fucking dumb to me again. I will beat the living shit out of you or until you are so unrecognizable, god can't help you," I said calmly. Jack pulled me off of him as Jerry scramble to get up. And yes I could have handled that a bit better but the way he said that sentence was as if I was an object and not a person.  Jerry looked like he had seen a ghost as he got back into the go-kart and drove away. 

A little later we were hanging out at Phil's. "I still cannot believe that Jerry bought our go-kart," Jack shoved his food away. "This goes way beyond the go-kart. Ever since he started working for the goddamn meatball king, he's been acting like a whole different person," I added. "If he calls me "doll" one more time, I'm gonna pummel him," Kim sneered. "I'll hold him down for you," I smirked at her. A second later we saw Phil start to freak out because of Kim's hair.