𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚒𝚟𝚎: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚆𝚎𝚎𝚔𝚕𝚢 𝚆𝚊𝚝𝚌𝚑𝚎𝚛

"HELP ME GET THIS STRAIGHT." Robin says as the three walk into the library. "Eddies uncle, Wayne, thinks that Victor Creel escaped from Pennhurst Asylum and that he's the one running around committing these murders?"

"Pretty much." Nancy answers.

"But Victor committed the eyeball murders, like, in the eighteen hundreds." Elena furrows her eyebrows.

"Well, it was in nineteen fifty-nine." Nancy corrects.

"Same thing." Robin shrugs. "So that means these murders predate Eleven in the upside down by about thirty years?"

"Yeah." Nancy answers.

"Which makes spooky Victor Creel like seventy years old?" Elena guesses.

"Yep." Nancy dings the bell at the fron desk.

"So, he's a grandpa murderer who can turn invisible and lift people into the air." Robin says.

"It doesn't make sense. I know." Nancy says. "Thats why I said it was a shot in the dark." She rung the bell again.

"I know. I just thought that by shot in the dark, you were being modest or hiding something super solid up your sleeve that you were gonna wow us with later." Robin tells her and Nancy rings the bell again. "But this is really, truly a shot in the dark. Like, we are snipers with blindfolds on who've been spun around fifty times." Nancy then repeatedly presses the bell and Robin looks to Elena for help.

"Was I too rude?" Robin whispers.

"Kinda." Elena answers.

"Coming!" The librarian yells and Elena snorts.

"Really? What are you a child?" Robin rolls her eyes.

"Hi, sorry. We're in a bit of a rush. Could we get the keys to the basement archives?" Nancy asks.

"Of course. Give me one sec." The lady answers and walks off.

"Did I come off mean or condescending or something?" Robin turns to Nancy.

"No." Nancy answers.

"Right." Robin says. "Sorry. Its just, you seem annoyed. You don't me very well. I don't really have a filter or a strong grasp of social cues."

"Its true." Elena hums.

"Okay." Nancy says.

"If I say something that upsets you, just know that I know its a flaw. Believe me, my mother reminds me daily." Robin continues to explain to Nancy.

"Got it." Nancy says.

"All right, ladies. Here you go. Have fun." The librarian walks over to the girls and hands them the key.

"Yep." Elena grins.

"We'll try." Nancy sighs and gets the key off the librarian. The librarian and Robin share a look, Robin shrugging in response.

"I messed up, didn't I?" Robin asks.

"Honestly, I've seen you do worse." Elena answers and Robin silently cheers.

~~~~

          THE THREE WERE LOOKING THROUGH THE ARCHIVES, ELENA GROWING bored and impatient by the second since they have yet to find anything.

"We can't find anything." Elena complains and bangs her head against the wall.

"Yeah, Nance, what exactly are we looking for?" Robin asks but Nancy doesn't reply. "Nance." Robin knocks the side of the wood and Nancy tilts her head over the side. "Any mention of dark wizards or alternate dimensions? Things in that vein?"