𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗: 𝙼𝚘𝚜𝚝 𝙼𝚎𝚝𝚊𝚕 𝙴𝚟𝚎𝚛

THE CARAVAN PULLS UP TO THE OLD CREEL HOUSE to drop off Erica, Lucas and Max.

"Eddie, we'll be fine." Elena takes Eddies hand in hers. "If we get injured I can simply heal us. Although, I can't heal like major injures fully."

"You'll use up your energy then." Eddie says.

"As long as your safe, I don't care." Elena rests her head on Eddies shoulder and Eddie rests his head on top of Elenas.

~~~

"OKAY." Nancy says. "I wanna run through it one more time. Phase one?"

"We meet Erica at the playground." Robin answers. "She'll signal Max and Lucas when we're ready."

"Phase two?" Nancy asks.

"Max baits Vecna." Steve answers. "He'll go after her, which will put him in his trance."

"Phase three?" Nancy asks.

"Us three draw the bats away." Dustin answers and Eddie taps Dustin on his head.

"Four?" Nancy asks.

"We head into Vecnas newly bat-free lair, and." Robin shakes one of the bottles. "Flambé."

"Nobody moves on to the next phase until we've all copied." Nancy tells them. "Nobody deviates from the plan, no matter what. Got it?"

"Got it." Everyone answers and grab their things before making their way into Eddies trailer.

"Be careful." Dustin says to Steve as he gets ready to climb the rope.

"Thanks, buddy." Steve says and climbs the rope, landing on his feet when he gets through the other side of the gate. He looks up at everyone and shrugs slightly as he leaves to get a mattress.

Robin fake cheers for him and Elena fake claps.

"What does he want us to do, applaud?" Elena asks and Robin laughs.

"All right." Steve speaks and the group look up to him. "Lets go." Robin kneels infront of Nancy and helps her climbs the rope.

They throw all their weapons up next before the rest start to climb up, Dustin being the last one to do so.

He sat up, smiling that he went through it, so Steve and Eddie grabbed him to get him off the mattress.

They group exit Eddie's trailer and Steve quickly turns around to face them.

"Hey, guys, listen." Steve says. "If things here start to go south, I mean, at all, you abort. Okay? Draw the attention of the bats, keep them busy for a minute or two and we'll take care of Vecna. Don't try to be cute or be a hero or something. Okay? You guys are just-"

"Decoys." The three finish.

"Don't worry." Dustin says. "You can be the hero, Steve. All though we all know Elena is the true hero so I don't see why she's staying with us."

"So she can protect you both." Steve sighs, tired of having to go over the same thing again.

"Absolutely." Eddie agrees with Dustin. "I mean, look at us. We are not heroes."

"I know." Steve nods and then points at Elena. "But she will probably end up doing something stupid so make sure that doesn't happen."

"Hey, Steve?" Eddie says. "Make him pay."

"I was going to." Steve says and Eddie nods, laughing. The other three then walk away leaving Dustin, Eddie and Elena.

"Yay! I'm gonna be third wheeling." Dustin fake cheers and Elena glares at him.

The trio then use fences and anything they can find to baracade Eddies trailer.

"Dustin, go get a fence or something." Elena says to Dustin who goes to protest but stops himself when he sees the look on her face and walks off. "Um, Eddie."

"Yeah." Eddie says.

"If we somehow don't make it then I just want to say." Elena takes a deep breath before looking towards Eddie. "I love you. And I've never felt love before but I'm certain what I'm feeling with you right now is that feeling and its got shit timing and its fine if you don't feel same way-"

"Elena." Eddie says and Elena shuts up. "I love you too." Elena grins and quickly kisses Eddie. "Now let's distract them bats."

Eddie and Dustin put on the final fence and the three step back to admire their work.

"Not bad." Eddie says.

"Not bad at all." Dustin says and three smile at each other.

"Now for the fun part." Eddie says and the three make their way into Eddies room. "Jesus Christ." Eddie makes a whimpering sound as he stares at his guitar. "Its like... she was destined for an alternate dimension. What do you say, guys?" Eddie grabs his guitar. "Are you ready for the most metal concert in the history of the world?"

"Is that a rhetorical question?" Dustin asks.

"Lets do it." Eddie says and puts on his guitar strap and the trio make their way to Eddies roof, Dustin and Elena crouching next to each other as they watch Eddie. Dustin turns up the volume of the amps and Eddie tears off his necklace with his guitar pick attached to it. "Chrissy, this is for you."

Eddie starts to play a song on his guitar and Elena recognised it as Master Of Puppets by Metallica.

Dustin and Elena start to bang their heads to the beat of the song, the pair knowing and loving the song Eddie was playing.

"Dustin." Elena whispers and Dustin hums in response as he turns to look at the girl. "My boyfriends hot." Dustin grins at her and looks towards Eddie again before grimacing when he realised what she had said.

Dustin holds the binoculars to his eyes as he looks into the distance in any sign of the bats.

"Eddie!" Dustin shouts and Eddie looks over to him, still playing the guitar. "We gotta lock down in T-minus thirty seconds!"

"T-minus twenty!" Elena shouts and Eddie starts to play a guitar riff and Elenas jaw drops as she stared at him.

"T-minus ten!" Dustin yells and when he got to one the trio quickly made their way off the roof and into Eddies trailer.

"Dude!" Dustin exclaims, out of breath. "Most metal ever!" The three were jumping up and down, cheering.

"Eddie." Elena says and grabs his hand. "I better have a private concert after this."

"Oh, you'll have more than that." Eddie winks at her and Elena turns slightly red as Dustin looks between the two with a disgusted look on his face.

•♡_________________________________♡•

WORD COUNT

1057