𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚂𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚒𝚗

"THESE ARE OUR GARDENS." Hatch tells the two as they walk through the garden.

"I never would've guessed." Elena mumbles.

"Beautiful, aren't they?" Hatch asks and the three look to an old man who gave them a grin that made Elenas cringe. "We allow them two hours of outside time a day."

"Can't they just escape?" Robin asks.

"They could." Hatch answers. "But the vast majority choose to be here. They like it here." They then walk through a room with patients listening to classical music. "This is one of our more popular areas. The listening room. We found that music has a particularly calming effect on the broken mind. The right song, particularly one which holds some personal meaning, can prove a silent stimulus. But there are those who are beyond a cure." They then head down a flight of stairs, probably where Victor was being held.

"Uh, Dr. Hatch, do you think it might be possible for us to speak to Victor alone?" Nancy asks.

"Alone?" Hatch asks.

"I think that we would love the challenge of speaking with Victor without the safety net of an expert such as yourself." Robin says and Elena nods her head. "Then we could really rub it in Professor Bradleys face."

"Professor Bradley? I don't believe I know a Professor Bradley." Hatch says.

"Brantly." Elena corrects Robin. "She  meant to say Brantley."

"Didn't I say Brantley? What did I say?" Robin asks. "Sorry, silly me. Words, letters. Guess I'm just nervous. I mean, excited. So excited to speak with Victor. Preferably as Ruth said, alone?"

"Yes." Hatch answers. "Why not? You've got me in a rebellious mood. And there's something rather urgent I need to check on anyway, so sure." He then turns to the security guard. "Keep a close eye on them." The three girls say thank you to Hatch as he walks up the stairs.

Walking into the rows of cells it reminded Elena of something straight out of a film.

"Do not startle him." The guard tells the girls. "Do not touch him. Do not pass him anything. Stand five feet away from the bars at all times. Is that clear?"

"Yes, sir." They answer in unison.

"Victor." The guard uses his stick to clang the metal bars on the cell. "Todays your lucky day. You got visitors. Real pretty ones." The guard looks them up and down and it made Elena want to throw up. "Must be in one of his moods. Have fun." The guard then walks off.

Victor was sat at a metal desk, scratching at the surface.

"Victor." Nancy says. "My name is Nancy. Nancy Wheeler. And these tow are..."

"Robin Buckley." Robin says.

"And Elena Harrington." Elena says.

"Um, we have some questions." Nancy tells him.

"I don't talk to reporters." Victor says. "Hatch knows that."

"We're not reporters." Elena takes a step closer to the cell. "We're here because we believe you.

"And because we need your help." Nancy adds.

"Whatever killed your family, we think its back." Robin says and Victor stops scraping his nails and turns to face them. His eyes shut with scars going across them.

"When he attacks, our friends described it as a trance. Like a waking nightmare. That's why we think its coming for them next." Nancy tells him. "Does any of this, anything we've told you, sound like what happened to your family? I know this is hard-"