𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛: 𝙳𝚎𝚖𝚘-𝚍𝚘𝚐𝚜

"FINALLY." Elena smiles as the three arrive at the junkyard.

"Oh, yeah. Yeah, this will do." Steve says, taking off his sunglasses. "This will do just fine."

"Nice find, Dustin." Elena gently hits his back.

"Yeah, good call, dude." Steve says and a smile spreads on Dustins face and then the three dump their buckets out on the floor.

"I said medium-well!" A voice shouts and the three look up to see who Elena is presuming to be Lucas and Max.

"Whos that?" Steve asks Dustin but he gets no reply because Dustin is too busy staring at Max.

Elena, Steve and Max then start to set things up while the two boys were talking behind a car.

"Lucas told me there's a bunch of other dimension shit and this girl had superpowers called Eleven. And that there's these monsters and other stuff." Max laughs. "I think its bullshit."

"Its not bullshit, Max." Elena tells her. "So, I wasn't here last year cause I was in the lab but when it was taken over my room basically became my own orphanage and the Harringtons adopted me and stuff. I have powers too. I can like set things on fire, heal and teleport."

"So he's not joking?" Max asks.

"Nope." Elena answers and a loud bang caused the two girls to jump and looks towards the car.

"Hey! Dickheads! How come the only people helping me out is my sister and some random girl?" Steve asks, hinting for them to do something. "We lose light in forty minutes. Let's go. Let's go, I said!"

"All right, asshole!" Dustin shouts. "God!"

"Okay!" Lucas yells. "Stupid."

~~~

          ELENA WAS SAT NEXT TO STEVE IN THE BUS, a fireball forming and disappearing in her palms to keep her entertained.

"So, you really fought one of these things before?" Max asks and Steve nods his head. "And you're, like, totally one hundred percent sure it wasn't a bear?"

"Shit, don't be an idiot, okay? It wasn't a bear." Dustin says. "Why are you even here if you don't believe us? Just go home."

"Geesh. Someone's cranky." Max stands up. "Past your bedtime?" She then goes up the ladder to the roof where Lucas was with his binoculars.

"Thats good." Steve says. "Just show her you don't care."

"I don't." Dustin says and the two siblings send him a wink, knowing he meant the opposite. "Why are you winking, guys? Stop."

A loud growl got the threes attention and they all looked out the gap of the bus to see nothing but fog.

"You see him?" Dustin asks.

"No." The two siblings answer.

"Lucas, whats going on?" Dustin asks.

"Hold on!" Lucas says. "I've got eyes! Ten o'clock! Ten o'clock!"

"There." Elena points towards Dart.

"Whats he doing?" Dustin asks.

"I don't know." Steve answers. "Hes not taking the bait. Why is he not taking the bait?"

"Maybe he's sick of eating cow." Elena suggests. "So its time to expand the menu."

"You are not going out there, Lena." Steve tells her.

"I am, Steve, and you're not stopping me." Elena goes towards the doors of the bus.

"Wait a second, then." Steve groans, picking up his bat and the two siblings make their way out of the bus.

They walk slowly out the bus and Steve whistles to get its attention.

"Come on, buddy." Steve says, waving his bat about while whistling still.

"Come on, you little shit." Elena says, standing in her spot with balls of fire forming on the palms of her hands.

"Dinner time." Steve says. "Human tastes better than cat, I promise."

"They're insane." Max speaks from the bus, her eyes wide as she watched the fire in Elena's hand.

"They're awesome." Dustin says, grinning.

The fog moved out the way slightly to reveal something that looked like a dog but it's face wasn't there and Steve got the bat ready to hit it.

"Guys, watch out!" Lucas warns out and Elena turns around, spotting other demo-dogs.

"Shit, there's more." She says and the two siblings were side by side, about to take on the demo-dogs.

"Guys!" Dustin shouts, opening the door of the bus. "Guys! Abort! Abort!"

A growl made the two face a demo-dog, his face opening up as it charged towards them.

Elena threw a fireball at it and it stopped in its tracks, it looked like dust. And the wind blew the dust away.

"Holy shit." Max mumbles.

A demo-dog charged at Steve but he got out the way for it to go into an old car and then he hit another one.

"Guys! Run!" Max shouts.

"Hurry!" Lucas yells and Elena grabs Steves hand, teleporting the two onto the bus and she closed the door, Lucas letting out a squeal as she did since he didn't expect the girl to suddenly appear out of nowhere.

"Still think that they're dogs?" Elena asks Max, wiping the blood from her nose as she helped Steve baracade the door.

"They can't get in! They can't!" Lucas shouts and the demo-dogs claw breaks through the door but was set on fire instantly and the kids ran to the back of the bus.

Banging on the roof of the bus caught Elenas attention and quickly made her way to the kids while Steve fended off the ones that were trying to get in through the front door.

She stood infront of them, pushing them behind her as they all watched the small opening.

Max let out a scream when she saw the demo-dog up close and Elena raised her hands infront of her face the fire inching closer and closer to it but its head turned to the side.

It let out a loud growl before it and the others all ran off.

The group stood there for a couple seconds, all of them confused about where they went and why they left.

Elena was the first to leave the bus, Steve close behind her and then the kids.

"Why are they running?" Elena whispers to Steve as they watched two of the many demo-dogs run away.

"I don't know." Steve answers.

"What happened?" Lucas asks.

"I don't know." Max answers.

"Elena scared 'em off?" Dustin asks.

"No." Elena answers and the two siblings both turn to look at the kids.

"No way." Steve says. "They're going somewhere."

"Where are they going then?" Max asks.

"Theres one way to find." Elena says.

"And that is?" Max asks.

"Following them." Steve answers.

"We are not following them things they could kill us." Max says.

"No they won't, not on our watch." Elena reassures her. "Come on, kids."

They start to walk off but Max was staying in her spot.

"Come on, Max." Elena grabs the younger girls hand and drags her with them. "I'll make sure nothing happens to you, okay?"

"Okay." Max says, holding onto the older girls hand tightly, fearing for her life.

•♡_________________________________♡•

WORD COUNT

1164