𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝙴𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝: 𝙻𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝚂𝚑𝚒𝚝𝚜

ELENA WATCHED AS MIKE WHEELER EMBRACED HER OLD LAB buddy, the two young teenagers crying out of pure joy.

"Is that...?" Max asks and Lucas nods.

"I never gave up on you." Mike tells her. "I called you every night. Every night for-"

"Three hundred and fifty three days." Eleven finishes. "I heard."

"Why didn't you tell me you were there?" Mike asks. "That you were okay?"

"Because I wouldn't let her." Hopper answers.

"Plot twist." Elena whispers to Steve. "Did not see that coming."

"The hell is this? Where have you been?" Hopper asks Eleven.

"Where have you been?" Eleven asks and Hopper hugs her, kissing the top of her head.

"You've been hiding her." Mike says, ruining the father-daughter moment. "You've been hiding her this whole time!" Mike shoves Hopper.

"Oh my god." Elena gasps, watching as the boy hits Hopper.

"Hey!" Hopper grabs Mike by his collar. "Lets talk alone." The two then walk off to another room.

"Shit he's gonna die." Elena says and points at Max. "Told you so."

"Four?" Eleven asks, noticing the older girl.

"Eleven." Elena hugs the girl tightly. "You okay?"

"Yes." Eleven answers. "You look... pretty."

"Thank you." Elena grins. "You look bitchin'."

"Yeah." Eleven says.

"Here, let me help you." Elena uses the sleeve of her jacket to wipe away the blood from Elevens nose.

"Move out the way, Human Torch, don't hog her." Dustin rolls his eyes, shoving the older girl out the way and the two boys hug Eleven.

"We missed you." Lucas tells her.

"I missed you too." Eleven says.

"We talked about pretty much every day." Dustin says, pulling away from the hug and Eleven reaches out and touches his teeth.

"Teeth." Eleven says.

"What?" Dustin asks.

"You have teeth." Eleven answers.

"You like these pearls?" Dustin asks and purrs, scaring Eleven.

"Eleven." Max says, walking over to the other girl. "Hey, um, I'm Max." Max holds her hand out to Eleven. "I've heard a lot about you."

Eleven looks at Max and walks past her to Joyce.

"She'll come around, she's not used to new people." Elena reassures.

"Its fine, I don't care anyway." Max mumbles and Elena gently pats the younger girls back and goes over to Steve.

"Do you know El?" Elena asks.

"No." Steve answers. "I was being too much of an asshole to meet her."

"I can believe that." Elena says.

"Shut up." Steve scoffs, pushing her gently.

"Eleven, this is Steve, my brother." Elena tells her.

"Hi." Eleven says, smiling at him shyly.

"Its nice to formally meet you after all this time." Steve says and Eleven and Joyce walk up to the notepad that said close gate on it.

"You opened this gate before, right?" Joyce asks.

"Yes." Eleven answers.

"Do you think if we got back there that you could close it?" Joyce asks.

"I think so." Eleven answers.

~~~

          "ITS NOT LIKE IT WAS BEFORE. Its grown. A lot." Hopper tells them. "And, I mean, that's considering we can get in there. The place is crawling with those dogs."

"Demo-dogs." Dustin corrects.

"I'm sorry, what?" Hopper sighs.

"I said, uh, demo-dogs." Dustin answers. "Like demogorgan and dogs. You put them together, it sounds pretty badass-"

"How is this important right now?" Hopper asks.

"Its not." Dustin answers. "I'm sorry."

"I can do it." Eleven says.

"You're not hearing me." Hopper says.

"I'm hearing you." Eleven tells him. "I can do it."

"Even if El can, there's still another problem." Mike says. "If the brain dies, the body dies."

"I thought that was the whole point." Max says and Elena nods her head, agreeing with the girl who's been clinging to her all night.

"It is, but if we're really right about this. I mean, if El closes the gate and kills the mind flayers army..." Mike says.

"Wills a part of that army." Lucas says.

"So if El closes the gate and this thing hasn't left Wills body then he dies?" Elena asks.

"Yeah, closing the gate would kill him." Mike answers and the group go to where Will is passed out on the bed with the window open to keep it cold.

"He likes it cold." Joyce says.

"What?" Hopper asks.

"Its what Will kept saying to me." Joyce answers. "He likes it cold." She walks over to the window and shuts it. "We keep giving it what it wants."

"Surely if we burn it out of him then he'll be fine." Elena suggests. "I can do it."

"No way." Steve shakes his head. "They can do it, I am not babysitting myself."

"Fine, you big baby." Elena rolls her eyes.

"We have to do it somewhere he doesn't know this time." Mike says.

"Yeah, somewhere far away." Dustin says and the once big group start to split of into two little groups, Nancy, Joyce and Jonathan going to burn the mind flayer out of Will, Eleven and Hopped going to close the gate and everyone else will be at the Byers.

"Bye!" Elena waves at the cars. "Try not to die!"

"How helpful." Hopper shouts back, sarcasm evident in voice and the small group watch the other two groups drive away.

"Right, you little shits and Max, inside now." Elena points towards the door. "Its cold and I don't want any of you being ill because then it will be our fault."

"Fine." They mumble and the group go inside.

"Hey, Mike." Elena wraps her arm over the boys shoulder. "She'll be okay." Elena grabs him some tissues and hands it to him. "If you keep crying you're going to be sick, I once cried so much I puked, true story."

"Thanks." Mike wipes his eyes with the tissue and blows his nose and then holds the tissue towards Elena.

"What do you want me to do with that?" Elena asks.

"Put it in the bin." Mike answers.

"You do it, you little shit, you have arms and legs." Elena says.

•♡_________________________________♡•

WORD COUNT

1002