𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢: 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝙶𝚊𝚝𝚎

"I MEAN I HAVE TO ADMIT, AS A FEAT if engineering alone, this is impressive." Dustin says.

"What are you talking about?" Steve asks. "Its a total fire hazard. There's no stairs, there's no exit, there's just an elevator that drips you halfway to hell."

"As long as there's vodka down here I'm not complaining." Elena says.

"They're commies." Erica says. "You don't pay people, they cut corners."

"To be fair to our Russian comrades, I don't think this tunnel was designed for walking." Robin tells them. "Think about it, they developed the perfect system for transporting that cargo."

"It all comes into the mall like any old delivery." Dustin says.

"And then they load up onto those trucks and nobody's thinking anything of it." Elena adds.

"You think they built this whole mall just so they could transport that green poison?" Steve asks.

"I very seriously doubt its something as boring as poison." Dustin says. "Its gotta be much more valuable, like promethium or something."

"What the hell is promethium?" Steve asks.

"Its what Victor Stones dad used to make Cyborgs bionic and cybernetic components." Elena tells him.

"You're all so nerdy, it makes me physically ill." Erica says.

"No, no, no." Steve shakes his head. "No, don't lump me in with them. I'm not a nerd, all right?"

"Why so sensitive, Harrington?" Robin asks. "Afraid of losing cool points to a ten year old child?"

"No, I'm just saying I don't now jack shit about Prometheus." Steve answers.

"Protheium." Dustin corrects.

"In Greek mythology, Prometheus is one of the Titans, the supreme trickster, and a god of fire. In common belief, he developed into a master craftsman, and in this connection, he was associated with fire and the creation of mortals." Elena explains.

"How the fuck do you know that?" Steve asks.

"I like mythology." Elena answers.

"All I'm saying is, its probably used to make something." Dustin says.

"Or power something." Robin says.

"Like a nuclear weapon?" Dustin asks.

"Totally." Robin agrees. "That means Lena will owe me five bucks."

"Walking towards a nuclear weapon. That's great." Steve says sarcastically. "That'd be great."

"But if they're building something, why here?" Robin asks. "I mean, Hawkins. Seriously. Of all places. At the very best, we're a toilet stop on your way to Disney land, but maybe that's it."

"You think the Russians know?" Steve asks Dustin and Elena as the three came to a stop.

"They could." Dustin says.

"So its connected?" Elena asks.

"Maybe." Dustin answers.

"How?" Steve asks.

"I don't know." Dustin answers. "But its... possible."

"I'm sorry, is there something  you'd like to share with the class?" Robin asks them and before they could answer they could hear the code from the walkie talkie.

Erica gets it out her bag and gives it to Elena, Robin repeating the code.

"Its the code." Robin says.

"Wherever that broadcast is coming from-"

"Its close." Elena says. "And if there's one thing we know about that signal..."

"It can reach the surface." Dustin finishes.

"Lets go." Robin says and they start walking again.

~~~

          THEY WERE HID BEHIND A MASSIVE BLUE SQUARE NOT to be seen by the evil Russians.

"Okay, clear." Steve whispers and everyone follows him.

"Okay, that was close." Robin says.

"Too close." Dustin says.

"Relax." Steve says. "All right? Relax. Nobody saw..." They round a corner to see people in guard uniforms, lab coats, etc. They quickly duck into a hiding spot.

"I saw it." Erica tells them. "First floor, northwest."

"Saw what?" Elena asks.

"The comms room." Erica answers.

"You saw the comms room?" Steve asks.

"Correct." Erica answers.

"Are you sure?" Dustin asks.

"Positive." Erica answers. "The door was open for a second and I saw a bunch if lights and machines and shit in there."

"That could be a hundred different things." Dustin says.

"I'll take those odds." Robin says and Steve sighs, looking round the corner to make sure no one could see them.

"All right." Steve whispers. "We're gonna move fast, we're gonna stay low. Okay?"

"Okay." Robin says and they follow Steve, all crouched slightly into the comms room, surprisingly not being seen by a Russian guard.

Steve quietly closes the door and then the group turn around they come face to face with a guard.

The guard reaches for his gun but Robin steps forward saying something in Russian.

Steve looks at Elena, confused and she just shrugs.

The man scoffs and reaches for his gun again but Steve lets out a war cry and runs toward the man, shocking him. He shoves him back onto the panel but the man pushes him away. He goes to punch Steve but Steve dodges it and the man grabs Steve by the shirt and throws him towards another panel. Steve elbows him in the stomach, sending the man back, and he hits him on the head with something causing the man to hit his head and knock him out.

"Dude!" Dustin exclaims as Steve runs a hand through his hair. "You did it! You won a fight!"

"I'm so proud of you." Elena ruffles his hair.

"Hey! I just fixed that." Steve frowns and fixes his hair quickly as Dustin takes the guards key card.

"What are you doing?" Erica asks.

"Getting us our ticket out of here." Dustin answers.

"You want to walk all the way back?" Elena asks.

"Well, we can hang out for a little bit, relax, have a picnic maybe." Dustin answers sarcastically.

"Have a picnic?" Erica asks. "We came here for the radio."

Elena notices Robin walking up some stairs so she quickly follows the other girl and they look through a small window on a door.

"Guys." Robin says. "Theres something up there." They all go up the stairs and through the door and they look through the glass.

"Holy shit." Dustin curses. Infront of them were a bunch of people in lab coats and a machine opening a new gate.

"Not this again." Elena sighs, running a hand through her hair.

•♡_________________________________♡•

WORD COUNT

1012