𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚂𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗: 𝙰𝚜𝚑

TWO DAYS LATER...

EDDIE WAS FREE, THEY BLAMED IT ON JASON AND everyone believed it so Eddie could freely visit his girlfriends hospital bed. She had yet to wake up and he was just scared to tell her about Max.

He had finally gotten Steve to leave and Linda Harrington was flying back for the next day.

He had Elena's personal mixtape playing on the radio on the room, the room that was next to Max's.

Eddie didn't want to lose Elena, not when he finally got her.

"Ellie, please, wake up." He whispers, laying his head on the bed and the door opened, causing him to look up.

He saw Lucas leading a girl with a buzz cut, a man with long hair, Mike Wheeler and Jonathan and Will Byers.

"Sister." Eleven whispers rushing to her sisters side and looks at Eddie. "You are her boyfriend, yes?"

"Yeah, I am." Eddie answers.

"I'm Eleven." The girl tells him.

"Ahh, the superpower girl." Eddie nods his head in acknowledgement.

"How did this happen?" Will asks, his eyes becoming teary as he looked at the girl who lay in the hospital bed with tubes attached to her and bandages wrapped around her torso.

Lucas explains it to Will since Eddie couldn't even bring himself to talk about what had happened.

"Jane." Elena weak and now hoarse voice says, and Eddie jumps out of his chair, calling for a nurse.

"I'm here, Lena." Eleven tells her, holding her hand tightly. "I've missed you."

"I've missed you too." Elena replies and looks around. "Hey you three." Mike, Will and Jonathan share a hello and Elena notices another person, who was obviously high. "Whose the stoner?"

"This is Argyle." Jonathan tells her. "Argyle this is Elena."

"The fire dudette." Argyle says, nodding his head slightly as he looked around the room and Elena also looked around the room. She however was looking for a certain redhead.

"Where's Max?" She asks.

Silence.

"Where's Max?" Elena repeats, raising her voice slightly.

Eddie told her what had happened.

"I should've done it." Elena says, standing up and pulling the tubes away.

"Hey, stop, please." Eddie says.

"I can't stop." Elena shakes her head, tears falling down her face. "She's in a coma because of me. Its my fault. I should've fought harder to be Vecna's bait but I didn't."

Elena runs to the room next to hers, her legs wobbling at the sight of Max.

Oh poor Max.

The girl who was more like a sister to her.

"Max." She says, rushing to the side of her bed and clutching her hand, sobbing into the sheets of her bed. "I'm so sorry."

It was your fault.

You killed her just like you killed Billy.

You should be the one thats dead. Not them.

"Shut up." She mumbles, clutching her head.

Everything's your fault, Elena.

"Shut up!" The girl sobs, holding her head tighter.

"Hey, hey, whats wrong?" Eddie asks, holding the girl in his arms as she cries.

"His voice won't go away." Elena answers. "Make his voice go away."

"Um, guys, what the actual fuck is that?" Lucas asks and Elena sniffles, looking towards the window and seeing ash fall from the sky.

Not just any ash.

This was Upside Down ash.

•♡_________________________________♡•

WORD COUNT

550