𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝙴𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝: 𝙽𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝙴𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚂𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢

THEY HAD BEEN DRIVING FOR WHAT FELT LIKE HOURS but in reality was only about ten minutes and the two Harrington siblings were growing more impatient by the second.

"Jesus, how far is this place, man?" Steve asks.

"Relax, we're almost there." Dustin tells him.

"Suzie must be pretty special, huh?" Robin asks. "I mean if you built this thing and lugged it all the way to the middle of nowhere just to talk to her."

"I mean, nobody's scientifically perfect, but Suzies about as close to being perfect as any human could possibly be." Dustin says.

"Aww, who knew you could be such a romantic." She turns in her seat, ruffling the younger boys hair despite his hat still being on his head.

"She sounds made-up to me. She sound made-up to you?" Erica asks.

"No." Elena answers straight away but Steve hesitates and Dustin clearly notices.

"Why are you hesitating, Steve?" Dustin asks.

"I'm not!" Steve answers, stumbling over his words. "I'm not! I think she sounds real. You know, totally, absolutely real."

"Left. Turn left." Dustin tells him.

"Theres not a road here." Steve says.

"Turn left now!" Dustin shouts and Steve swerves left. Elena held onto the door for her life as the car went through a wooden fence. Steve drives the car up a hill and Elena and Robin share a look, the pair knowing the car was not making it up the bumpy hill.

"We're not gonna make it!" Elena says.

"Yes we are." Steve says. "Come on, baby. Come on, baby!"

"Are you really talking to the car right now?" Elena asks and Steve ignores her, still talking to the car and the car stops. Steve pushes his foot further onto the pedal but the car doesn't move.

"Guess the Toddfather has its limitations." Robin says and Steve gives up on trying to get the car to go further.

The group get out of the car and walk over to Dustins cerebro.

Dustin grabs the walkie talkie and holds it near his mouth.

"Bald Eagle, do you copy?" Dustin asks. "Bald Eagle, I repeat, this is Scoops Troops, do you copy?"

"Yes, I copy." Murray answers and Elena let's out a breath, resting her head on Robins shoulder.

"Call sign?" Dustin asks.

"Bald Eagle." Murray scoffs.

"Please repeat." Dustin says.

"Bald Eagle. This is Bald Eagle!" Murray answers, sounding annoyed.

"Copy that." Dustin says. "Good to hear your voice Bald Eagle. Whats your twenty?"

"We reached the vent." Murray answers. "I'll contact you when I need you. Until then, silence."

"Roger that, Bald Eagle." Dustin says. "This is Scoops Troops going radio silent. Ten-ten, over."

~~~

          "SCOOPS TROOPS, THIS IS... BALD EAGLE. I'VE REACHED ANOTHER JUNCTION." Murray tells them.

"This is what?" Dustin asks.

"The fourth junction." Erica answers.

"All right, so if memory serves, this is right after the my little pony thesis." Dustin says and Robin and Elena share a confused look.