𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙽𝚒𝚗𝚎: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙳𝚒𝚟𝚎

ELENA, DUSTIN AND STEVE WERE SAT IN THE BACK of Nancy's car, the three of them were snacking on the pringles they were sharing.

"Not to be a wimp, but can I sit in the car?" Robin asks. "Cause this is gonna totally and royally suck."

"It'll be fine." Nancy reassures.

"I just can't stand to see those dull eyes of Eddies break again." Robin says.

"As dull as they are they are enjoyable to stare into." Elena tells them.

"For you, Lena." Robin sighs. "God you are totally whipped for this guy."

"You know it." Elena gives Robin finger guns, causing the girl to roll her eyes in response.

"At least he can drink himself into feeling better." Steve holds up the six pack. "And before you ask, Elena, you can't have one."

"Thats what my mom does." Max says, and Elena bites her lip to not laugh at Max's dark humour.

"Why don't we just give it a trial?" Robin asks. "Hey, Eddie. Uh, good news first this time. We got you some Dustin approved junk food and that six pack you requested. Oh yeah, and we found Vecna. Bad news is that he's in that other, darker, much scarier dimension, that we told you about and the gates closed, so we have no way of getting to him. He's entirely shut off to us so basically you're screwed. And, no, I know you were already screwed, but now you're doubly, triply screwed. But, hey, you can live out that Romeo and Juliet lifestyle with Elena, minus the suicide."

"Maybe we don't put it like that." Lucas says and Elena nods her head in agreement. "We mention the Romeo and Juliet thing and then the bad shit."

"I hate you." Elena mutters under her breath.

"Love you too, Human Torch." Lucas says, patting Elena on her shoulder but his hand was whacked away.

"We're one step closer to finding Vecna. That's what we say. That's what's important." Nancy tells them.

"See, Robin?" Steve says. "A positive spin can make all the difference."

"Oh shit." Nancy says and the group see the police and an ambulance outside of Reefer Ricks house. They a get out and hide behind a news van.

"Reporting a homicide on the lake." The Sheriff says. "Officer Callahan here and myself arrived first in the scene. We made our way to the shore of Lovers Lake, about ten yards from that house you see behind me. It was there we found the victim, an eighteen years old senior from Hawkins High, Patrick McKinney. His limbs, his body, it was disfigured. There was an eyewitness on the scene. We have also identified a person of interest." He holds up a picture of Eddie. "Eddie Munson. We encourage anyone with information to please come forward."

"Lucas, are you okay?" Elena hugs the younger boy who nods. "You can tell me. I know you and Patrick were friends." He didn't say anything. He just hugged her back.

"Dustin, can you hear me? Wheeler? Ellie?" Eddies voice was heard on the walkie talkie.

"Eddie. Holy shit." Dustin says. "Are you okay?"

"Nah, man." Eddie answers. "Pretty godamn far from okay."

"Where is he?" Elena asks Dustin.

"Where are you?" Dustin asks.

"Skull Rock." Eddie answers. "Do you know it?"

"Uh, yeah." Dustin answers. "Thats near Cornwallis and-"

"Garrett." Steve says. "Yeah, I know where that is." Dustin gives Elena the walkie and they all climb into the car.

"Eds, we'll be there soon." Elena tells him.