𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝚂𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗: 𝙲𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚒𝚎 𝙳𝚒𝚜𝚗𝚎𝚢𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚍

ELENA TORE OFF THE BOTTOM OF HER SHIRT AND wrapped it around Elevens leg, making sure it was tight.

"What happened?" Eleven asks, pointing towards Elena's own bandages.

"Nothing important." Elena answers and helps Eleven stand up and walk over to Hopper and the two sat down together.

"The mind flayer, it built this monster in Hawkins, to stop El, to kill her and pave way into our world." Mike explains.

"And it almost did." Nancy says. "That was just a piece of it."

"How big is this thing?" Hopper asks.

"Its big." Jonathan answers. "Thirty feet at least."

"Yeah." Lucas says. "It sorta destroyed your cabin. Sorry."

"Okay, so, just to be clear, this... this big fleshy spider thing that hurt El, its some kind of gigantic... weapon?" Steve asks.

"Wait, its a spider?" Elena asks, her eyes widening.

"Yes and no its not a spider." Nancy answers.

"But instead of, like, screws and metal, the mind flayer made its weapon with melted people?" Steve asks.

"Yes." Nancy answers.

"Yeah, okay." Steve says. "Yeah, I'm just making sure."

"Are you sure this thing is till out there, still alive?" Joyce asks.

"El beat the shit out of it, but, yeah, its still alive." Max answers.

"But if we close the gate again-" Will starts.

"We cut the brain off from the body." Max continues.

"And kill it." Lucas says. "Theoretically."

"Yoo-hoo!" A voice shouts and everyone looks into the direction of Murray and he was waving around papers. "Okay, this is what Alexei called the hub." He points to the hub on the papers. "Now the hub will take us to the vault room."

"Okay, wheres the gate?" Hopper asks.

"Right here." Murray points somewhere else. "I don't know the scale on this, but I think its fairly close to the vault room, maybe fifty feet or so." Elena looked over Hoppers shoulder at the vault room, her face becoming pale. That was the room she was taken from and a little ways down was the room she was tortured in.

"More like five hundred." Erica corrects. "What, you're just gonna waltz in there like its Commie Disneyland or something?"

"I'm sorry, who are you?" Murray asks.

"Erica Sinclair." Erica answers. "Who are you?"

"Murray... Bauman." Murray answers.

"Listen, Mr. Bunman, I'm not trying to tell you how to do things, but I've been down in that shithole for twenty four hours. And with all due respect,  you do what this man tells you, you're all gonna die like Elena did." Erica says.

"I'm sorry, why is this four year old speaking to me?" Murray asks.

"Um, I'm ten, you bald bastard!" Erica corrects him and Elena laughs to herself.

"Erica!" Lucas says in a warning tone.

"Just the facts!" Erica says.

"She's right." Dustin says. "You're all gonna die like Elena, but you don't have to. Excuse me. Sorry, may I?"

"Please." Murray answers, a sarcastic smile on his face as Dustin takes over.

"Why do they keep using me as an example of dying?" Elena asks.

"Maybe cause you did." Steve answers.

"Okay, see this room here? This is a storage facility. There's a hatch in here that feeds into their underground ventilation system. That will lead you to the base of the weapon. Its a bit of a maze down there, but between me and Erica, we can show you the way." Dustin explains, drawing on the map.

"You can show us the way?" Hopper asks.

"Don't worry, you can do all the frightening and the dangerous hero shit, and we'll just be your... navigators." Dustin says.

"No." Hopper says. "Nope."

Elena was sat on a bench, feeling exhausted and like she could fall asleep at any given second.

"Hey, sweetie." A voice says and Elena looks up, smiling at Joyce who say next to her. "You okay?"

"I'm fine." Elena answers

"You need new bandages." Joyce tells her and motions towards Elena's bandages that was covered in blood.

"I'll be fine." Elena says, covering her mouth and yawning.

"Hop!" Joyce calls and Hopper looks over.

"What?" Hopper asks.

"You got any bandages?" Joyce asks.

"No." Hopper answers. "Why?" Joyce points to Elenas lower stomach and Hopper looks at the bandages. "What happened to you?"

"Russians." Elena answers. "What happened to your head?"

"Russians." Hopper answers and Elena chuckles and hisses in pain.

"How'd yours happen?" Elena asks.

"Fights." Hopper answers. "You?"

"Electrocuted, slapped, punched, flat lined and brought back using electricity." Elena answers. "Russians are cruel."

"Not all of them." Murray mumbles, looking at the slushie machine.

"I could kill for a cherry slushie right now." Elena says and walks over to the machine, getting herself a cherry slushie and sipping on it, smiling widely. "This is the best thing in the world!"

"I thought you said that about twinkies and chocolate milk." Steve says.

"There can be many best things in the world, Steven." Elena tells him.

"Hey, heads up." Hopper says and throws Dustin a walkie talkie and Dustin catches it. "You can navigate, just from someplace safe."

"Its not that simple." Dustin says.

"The signals won't reach." Erica tells him.

"Not with this." Dustin says. "You need something with a high enough frequency band to relay with the Russians' radio tower. But for that to work, you need someone who has both seen their comms room and has access to a super-powered handcrafted radio tower, one preferably already situated at the highest point in Hawkins. Oh, wait. Thats me. If you want us to navigate, you got us. But we need a head start. And a car."

Hopper gave Steve the car keys for the car the three adults came in and Robin, Steve, Elena, Erica and Dustin walk outside towards the car.

"Oh, man, now this..." Steve throws the keys up and catches them. "This is what I'm talking about."

"Toddfather?" Elena asks, laughing slightly at the name.

"Oh, screw Todd!" Steve says. "Steve's her daddy now.

"Did you just talk about yourself in the third person?" Robin asks.

"Did he just call himself daddy?" Erica asks as the group get into the car, Elena sitting in the passenger seat.

"Never refer to yourself as daddy infront of me, okay?" Elena asks.

"Got it." Steve answers. "All right, Henderson, where are we going?"

"Weather top." Dustin answers.

"Weather what?" Steve asks.

"Just drive." Dustin says.

"Okay." Steve says. "Jesus!"

•♡_________________________________♡•

WORD COUNT

1074