𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗: 𝙵𝚒𝚎𝚕𝚍

THE GROUP WERE IN A FIELD, GETTING READY FOR their plan, and Elena was sat with Steve and Robin, hammering nails into a lid off a bin.

She looked over to Eddie and Dustin who were wrestling. A small smile appeared on her face at the sight before she turned her attention back to what she was doing.

"It just doesn't make sense." Steve says after Robin explained to Elena what she saw at the war zone.

"What doesn't make sense?" Robin asks.

"That was Dan Shelter." Steve tells Robin. "He graduated, like, two years ago."

"So?" Robin asks.

"So he's in college." Steve answers. "Which means he was visiting on spring break."

"And Fast Times was returned, like, I don't know, a week ago?" Elena continues. "Right? Unless she's got some brother we don't know about."

"Which is possible." Steve nods his head. "Or she's just really into Judge Reinhold?"

"Ew." Elena cringes.

"Guys." Robin says.

"What?" The two siblings ask.

"I don't care." Robin answers. "I don't understand why you both do either with everything that's going on. Honestly, this feels like a perfect time for that little pull of the rug because in the face of the world ending, the stakes of my love life feel spectacularly low."

"Yeah." Steve says. "I mean, I get you there, but... we still have hope." Steve passes the bottle who places it on the floor next to her.

"Not everything has a happy ending." Robin says.

"Yeah, yeah, believe me, I know." Steve glances at Nancy who was with Max and Robin just chuckles.

"I'm not talking about failed romance." Robin tells him. "I just... I have this terrible, gnawing feeling that it might not work out for us this time." Elena frowns and looks towards Eddie, smiling at him when she noticed he was looking at her too.

"You think we shouldn't be doing this?'' Steve asks.

"I think we're mad fools, the lost of us, but if we don't stop him, who will?" Robin says and the trio look towards everyone else. Erica and Lucas were sorting out the spears, Nancy was practicing her shooting with Max watching and Eddie and Dustin were play fighting with their nail-bin-shields. "We have to try, right?"

"Yeah." Steve answers and holds a bottle out. "To killing Vecna." Robin and Elena grab a bottle for themselves.

"Slash Henry." Robin says.

"Slash One." Elena says and the three bottles clink.. "Can I ask a question?"

"I mean you just did." Steve says. "But, yeah."

"What does love feel like?" Elena asks. "I haven't even said I love you to anyone. Not even you, Steve, and your my brother. I blame the trauma. But I don't know. I've never really experienced the type of love you see in the films, and you and Nancy had that thing for a while so I thought you would know what it is."

"Love is a complex thing." Steve sighs. "But to my understanding, loving someone is where you would do anything you possibly could and more for them. They make you feel happy, safe and if its romantic they give you this weird constant feeling when you look at them or when your with them. Its like the extreme version of butterflies. Why?"

"Nancy just asked me when we were in the upside down and I didn't know." Elena answers. "I thought I didn't but I really like him. Maybe a little too much for saying we're about to get ourselves killed."

"You'll both be fine." Steve reassures.

"I love you guys." Elena says and wraps her arms around the two sitting next to each other.

"YES!" Steve cheers. "We're the first people she said it to." He and Robin share a high five. "Seriously though, we love you too."

"Yeah." Robin nods.

•♡_________________________________♡•

WORD COUNT

642