Chapter 8

I was now in front of the compound as Gisele had the soldier in handcuffs behind his back while the other soldiers were kneeling behind the sergeant and lieutenant that was talking to me. Jack then came out of the compound with Natasha and Steve following him.

"I truly apologize for what my platoon did agent L/N. I gave them a break from training and was unaware that they would do that." The Lieutenant said and bowed again. I think it was the fifth time he apologized and explained himself. Jack then went beside me as he listened in on the conversation.

"Agent L/N knows that we take sexual harassment very seriously and would punish him fairly." The sergeant said. "As you should." Maria said but I put my hand out to stop her.

"Sergeant I will not be pressing any charges on him or the other soldiers." I said which shocked all of them.

"What??" All of them asked as they looked at me. "Y/N that man just sexually harassed you." Maria reminded me and I noticed Jack make a fist so I quickly put my hand on his chest to stop him.

"Are you sure about this agent L/N?" The sergeant asked. "Yes. I'm sure. In return, evaluate which soldier will be allowed to train here and make him never step foot in this facility again." I said as I pointed at the soldier that Gisele had.

"Alright. That can be arranged. We will pull back every soldier and come back next week. Is that alright?" The sergeant asked and I nodded.

The lieutenant then looked at me apologetically as the sergeant faced all the soldiers. "Everyone pack up your things and go to the jeep!!" The sergeant yelled loudly at the soldiers. "Yes sir!" The soldiers responded and ran

The sergeant then took the soldier from Gisele and left with the lieutenant. Everyone then went towards me when they were gone.

"Are you out of your mind? Why would you let him go?" Maria asked making me sigh.

"Look. It's no use making a big deal out of it. He just touched me so there's no harm." I said and shrugged. "He what?" Steve asked making me look at him. But my gaze went to Natasha who wasn't even looking my way. God, she's clearly moved on.

"Anyway, with this at least the military would screen soldiers they'll send here so they'll be fewer problems in the future." I said to Maria who was still angry. Well, they all looked angry.

"But Y/N it's not—" I cut off Maria since she'll just continue to pester me about it. "Look, it was better me than the other agents. I did it because this way it would protect the female agents against that kind of behavior again." I said making Gisele sigh so I smile reassuringly at her.

"You're an idiot." Jack said making me look back at him. "And you're not supposed to be here. Your job is to look after the avengers, not me." I told him seriously. He was about to answer but I raised an eyebrow at him making him stop.

"What exactly happened?" Steve asked as he looked at me in concern. "It was nothing. But if you want to know, ask Maria. I have to go back to work."

"Don't worry about it Steve, Y/N's a big girl and she clearly can handle other people touching her." Natasha said and smirked which showed contempt but she hid it with a smile.