Chapter 41

Natasha's POV

"Nat stop pacing around my room. You're making me dizzy." Wanda said and I finally looked up from my phone to stare at Wanda. "I can't help it. We should be at the hospital not back here in the compound."

"It's not safe for us out there, you know that. The public is still-"

"I don't care about the public. I only care about y/n." I confessed and Wanda smiled at me but it then faded after a few seconds. "Nat, I just want to apologize. I didn't mean to-"

"There's nothing to apologize for Wanda. We all know that you didn't do it on purpose. It was a mistake and I'm sure y/n would agree too." I said and sat beside her on the bed.

"Besides no civilians died or were injured by it, just an agent." I said and sighed again. Worry envelops my very being as I try not to just drop everything and be beside Y/n.

Wanda was rubbing circles on my back when my phone rang and I quickly answered it, not even bothering to check who was calling. "Hello??"

"Why does it sound like you were expecting another person to call you?" I heard a familiar voice making me sigh as I relaxed.

"Hi Clint, why did you call?" I asked, not bothering to answer his question.

"Well, Laura and I saw the news. I called to check how things were there, with you and Wanda." He said and i sighed as i glance at Wanda. "Well, you know me. I'm fine. Nothing I couldn't handle."

"Right, because you sounded like you had everything handled when you picked up the phone." He replied sarcastically. "Anyway, it's not like talking to me is going to help you, so can you pass the phone to the kid? I think I need to have some word on her."

"Yeah sure, hold on." I said and handed my phone to Wanda. "He wants to talk to you." I mouthed and she looked troubled by it as she hesitates to take my phone. I then placed my phone in her hand and smiled at her.

"Go talk to him." I said softly knowing Wanda and Clint have a bond since Clint was the one who actually convinced Wanda to be an Avenger. Wanda then put my phone on her ear and I decided to get up and leave her for a while.

I was walking down the hall when I saw Steve heading in the direction I was. "Rogers. What are you doing here?" I asked and he glances behind me. "I was thinking of talking to Wanda."

"It seems Clint has you beat. She's already on the phone with him." I said and he smiled. "Then I guess you're stuck with me." He said and i rolled my eyes. "I guess I am."

Steve and I then walked to somewhere more private than the hallway, which was a veranda that overlooks the front yard of the compound where the agents usually train.

"What happened out there, Steve? You had him." I asked and he sighed as he looks forward. "I should've clocked that bomb vest before she even dealt with him."

"Yeah, you should've. So why didn't you?" I asked as I faced him. He then sighed and faced downwards. "Rumlow mentioned Bucky."

I then stay silent knowing how important Bucky is to Steve. I sighed and faced forward again. "What did he say?" I asked as i glanced at him. "He said that Bucky remembered me." He said and my head whipped back to Steve.

" He said and my head whipped back to Steve