Chapter 21

It's been a week since Natasha confronted me in my office. After that, she never talked about what happened or ask me questions about what she did or why I lied to her which was both relieving and at the same time nerve-wracking.

I didn't know what she was thinking. I wanted to know what was going on inside her mind but she usually has an expressionless face so I couldn't really tell.

"Boss, Fury needs you in the conference room." I heard Riley say in my earpiece and I look at Natasha who just stared at me.

"Alright. We'll be there." I replied and stood up from my chair.

Natasha and I went out of my office and made our way to the conference room. "Do you know anything about this?" I asked trying to open a conversation with her. "No."

I sigh since she's been very reserved ever since that day. And I can't blame her she's still probably processing my answers to her.

When we reached the conference room door Natasha opened it for me and I pause as I saw my whole team with Fury and Steve. "Come in." Fury said and I come in but I looked at my team who just shrugs.

"Sit down Y/N. We need to talk to you." Steve said as I eyed them suspiciously. I then took my seat at the other side of the table with Gisele sitting on my right and Natasha to my left.

"What's all this about?" I finally asked as everyone looked over to Fury and Steve

"Agent L/N I'm planning on sending you going to need you in a mission." Fury said making my eyebrows furrow. "What mission?" Gisele asked.

"It's to catch an international arms dealer who calls himself the Scorpion." Steve said but he was stopped by Natasha. "This is all very interesting but Y/N is just the head of security here. Why can't I or the avengers do it?" Natasha asked rudely making Gisele roll her eyes.

"Because agent Romanoff you are still on probation, meaning you don't get to go on missions." Fury said making Natasha angry as I saw her fists clench under the table.

"Also, because we need agent L/N's and agent Yashar's expertise in this mission." Fury added as he looked over at me and Gisele.

"What is that supposed to mean?" I asked and Steve stepped up. "We received intel that someone contacted the Scorpion and is going to sell him microchips."

"I'm sorry. Microchips? They're going on a mission for microchips?" Natasha asked and Riley pulled up an image of the microchips.

"The information on these microchips can be used to undermine the entire US missile defense system." Riley explained making Natasha silent as she lean back on her chair.

"What do you need my skills for? Explain everything." I said as I leaned forward and put my elbows on the table and had my hands by my mouth.

"Someone from MBI a defense contract company has been in contact with Scorpion and made a deal. We need you to find out who and if you can, identify or apprehend Scorpion." Fury said as I listened intently.

"What do you need me for then?" Gisele asked making me glance at her.

"You and Y/N will go undercover as a married couple and watch the employees who made the deal with Scorpion." Steve said and Natasha slammed her hands on the table shocking everyone.

We all looked at Natasha who looked surprised by what she did. I then saw a flash of embarrassment on her face before she hid it and sat back down and cleared her throat.

"Why can't I just go? You know I can do this one alone. Also, if you need Y/N's skill then why not just send Ria and another agent?" Natasha asked and I look back at Fury since she did have some valid questions.