Chapter 19

"This is a bad idea

"This is a bad idea." Gisele said as we were all in the conference room inside the security building and Fury just finished telling us Nat's punishment.

"Ele. Be nice." I said and she rolled her eyes. "Do you even need an assistant?" Ria asked as she looked at me.

"Not sure. But it wouldn't hurt to have one." I said and smiled at them. "It might hurt if the assistant is your violent ex." Toby commented but I just ignored him.

"So how long does Natasha needs to be Y/N's assistant?" Riley asked as she looked at Fury. "Until Y/N deems that she's in control of her emotions and that she can be an avenger again."

"Don't hold your breath." Gisele said making the rest of the team smile for a while. "Alright. Stop. We're professionals, so let's act like one." I said making the Gisele groan.

We then turned our attention to the door that showed Maria with Natasha and Jack following behind her. I then stood up and faced Natasha.

"Agent Romanoff

"Agent Romanoff. Hope to work well with you for a while." I said and was surprised when I saw her extend her hand to me. I then looked back at her and noticed she was observing me.

I then shook her hand then pull away immediately. Fury then walked towards her and put his hand on her shoulder and whispered something.

"Alright Agent L/N, I'll leave you to it." Fury said and I nodded before he and Maria went out the door. Leaving me with my team and Natasha which felt awkward.

"Agent Romanoff I'd like to properly introduce my team." I said to cut the tension in the room.

"I have Agent Jack Dalton as my second in command and the brawns of my team." I said and motioned to Jack as the both of them nodded at each other.

"Agent Ria Torres is the team's deception expert other than me." I said and Ria stood up and shook hands with Nat.

"Agent Riley Davis, the team's tech guru, and hacker." I said and pointed at Riley who looked laid back. "What's up." Riley greeted making me smile.