Chapter 24

We were now by Jeff's house as all the neighbors are having fun drinking, talking, playing darts, and eating.

I was by Jeff and was telling a fake story to the rest of the neighbors about how I had a patient who was secretly a murderer and that he confessed to me in one of my sessions while I had a date with Nathalie afterward.

"So, right before our therapy ended he burst into tears and confess to me that he murdered his wife and made it look like an accident." I said as the people in front of me gasp while Jeff made a surprised and scared look.

"What did you do next?" An asian woman with glasses asked as she held my arm so I smile politely at her.

"I talked to him about it and told him that he needed to go let it all out or else the guilt will kill him inside."

"So did he listen to you?" Jeff asked making me look at him. "Yes, Jeff. He listened to me and called the cops themselves." I said as I patted his shoulder and the rest of them cheered

"So what happened to your date?" The asian woman asked again

"I got to the date with 15 minutes to spare. We got dinner, watched a movie, and ate some ice cream. And to this day Natalie still doesn't know." I say and they chuckled and smiled.

"Being a psychiatrist must be fun since you always have good stories with you." The asian woman said and i smile.

"Well Stacey, I know it must sound exciting and thrilling sometimes. But trust me, the people's minds can be a very dark and disturbing place." I said softly while I gave her a weak smile.

"Tina, you want a beer?" Jeff asked making me look back at him. "Sure, yeah. Thank you." I said and Jeff handed me his own brewed bottle of beer.

I then opened it with the wedding ring I had on my left finger and had a taste. "Wow. These are—"

I was cut off when I heard something break and everyone looked at Jeff

I was cut off when I heard something break and everyone looked at Jeff. I then realized he cut his left hand trying to imitate me so I quickly got my handkerchief.

"Woah. Buddy." I said as I moved his hand to me and opened my handkerchief. "That is a lot of blood." He said as he kept looking at it.

"Hold on. Hold on." I said and started wrapping my handkerchief in his left hand. "It's just gushing a bit." He said as the rest of them go closer to take a look.