Chapter 26

When we were nearing Chili's, the place Stacey Chung decided on, Gisele sat on my lap and looked into my eyes making me glance at her and giving her a weak smile.

"What are we?" She asked as she looked into my eyes

"What are we?" She asked as she looked into my eyes. I know she loves me but I don't know if I'm ready for a commitment right now. "We're late. Come on." I said and she rolled her eyes and I pull up in the parking lot.

She then went to the passenger seat and pulled down the visor and looked at herself in the mirror. "My lips are swollen." She said then she glared at me making me laugh.

"You wanted it. It's not my fault." I said as I put my hands up and then put my visor down to check on myself. I frowned as I saw that my lips were a bit swollen too making me sigh.

"Isn't it great? We're matching." She joked making me roll my eyes and take off my seatbelt. "Come on. We're already 15 minutes late." I said and opened the door.

Our dinner with Stacey didn't go as planned. She kept staring at our swollen lips which made Gisele smirk. And when we ask her questions about MBI or even mention the word Scorpion she was unresponsive. She didn't know anything.

So after an hour of dinner with Stacey, we were back in the car and Gisele kept complaining that she hated what she ordered and that the dinner was a waste of time.

"Look, at least we can cross Stacey off our list." I said and she sighed as she looked out of the window. "Maybe. But we didn't get anything fro—"

She was cut off by the ringing in the car. I glanced over and saw Riley is calling so I quickly answered then looked back at the road.

"Boss, we think the Gaffneys found the bug." Riley said surprising me. "How did that happen?" Gisele asked.

"We heard a crash and the wife asked 'what is this' then they started saying weird things." I heard Toby explain and I start to speed off even more. "Are you sure they found it?"

"They're out of their house and making their way to your house as we speak." Ria said as Gisele and I cursed at the same time.

"We'll be there in a few minutes." I said as I hung up and glance at Gisele who nodded.

After a few minutes I parked away from our house and Gisele and I quickly got off. We then went to the back door and slowly come in. We looked around the first floor and got nothing.

I then motioned upstairs and she nodded. We slowly and silently make our way upstairs and we immediately noticed them inside our surveillance room.

We then stood by the doorway to check what they want first but they don't seem to be hostile or looking for something.

"Gaffneys." I said making them jump then look at me and readied their fist. "Don't scream. It's not what you think." I said and I saw anger flash on Karen's face while Jeff showed deep sadness.