Chapter 35

"Have you finished securing the file in your system?" I asked as it was now night time and I was at the back of the compound with the file on hand.

"Just a few more seconds, boss." It said making me think that I'm speaking directly to someone in front of me. I then got the lighter in my pocket and started lighting the file on fire.

I then threw it into an old waste paper bin and watched it burn for a while. "Boss, it seems that Ms. Yashar is on her way here." It said as I watched the file burn making sure it left no traces.

It really was helpful that Smith can access the cameras around the compound so I would have access to it all the time.

"Give me ETA." I said as I grab a stick and stirred the papers around making sure everything burned. "She'll reach you in about a minute."

I then left the burning papers behind since I didn't want her to see me burning them. It would look very suspicious.

"Y/n!" Ele yelled as she spotted me then jogged nearer. I then made my way closer to her and we met halfway. "What are you doing here?"

"I was just having a walk around the compound." I said as I gave her a genuine smile that I've perfected. "Alone?" She asked not in a suspicious way but in a worrying way.

"Ele, after the accident you guys have been watching me like a hawk. I want some time by myself too." I said as I walk back towards the compound with her beside me.

"Right. Maria told me about your alone time." She said as she emphasized the words making me blush. "Hey! She got it wrong. It was a misunderstanding." I defended making her laugh.

"You know you don't have to do that alone, right?" She whispered near my ear making me shiver. "I'll be happy to lend you a helping hand." She whispered again making my knees tremble.

"Elevated heart rate detected. Are you in distress?" Smith said which snapped me out of my thoughts. "God no." I exclaim which made Ele stop and look at me with a bewildered face.

"A simple no would have sufficed." She said as she started to walk again and walked in front of me. "Oh! I wasn't talking about you. I was talking to this AI that Stark gave me as a gift." I explained as I caught up with her.

"Really? To me, they just look like normal glasses." She said and I tilt my head since it always had some widgets in the lenses. I then took it off and looked at it from a different angle and was amazed to see that it had camouflaged itself so it would look like normal glasses.

"Alright. Wait." I said as we arrived at the front of the compound and stopped as we faced each other. I then gently put the glasses on the bridge of her nose making her blush. "Do you see it now?"

"Wow. This looks cool." She said as she looked past me in amazement.

" She said as she looked past me in amazement