Chapter 9

It's been a couple of days now since Fury approved our proposal. Maria then quickly acquired the things we needed like sensors, cameras, and other things. I just finished showering and changing after the morning training.

"You look awful." Gisele said making me jump. I then looked over to my doorway and saw her leaning there.

"Gee thanks Ele. You're really sweet." I say sarcastically as I put on my shoulder gun holster. Gisele then went inside my room and passed me my guns.

"Well, you have bags under your eyes because you couldn't sleep that much." She said as I put my guns on the holsters then look at myself in the mirror and noticed that she was right so I sighed.

"Your nightmare last night was different than usual, right?" She asked and I ignored her and got my leather jacket on my bed and put it on. "Y/N talk to me." She said as she held my shoulders.

"Ele, I can't talk about it. It's too painful." I said honestly as I looked at her and saw her concern. "Y/N, please. You know you can talk to me about anything." She said as she made me sit down on the bed.

"Talk." She said and I sigh since she can be very stubborn like Maria. "I uh. I dreamt of Natasha. I dreamt that she found out the truth about my past and that I saw her disgust, anger, and fear on her face as she looked at me." I said honestly while Gisele looked hurt at what I said.

I know I shouldn't have told her about it since I'm aware of her lingering feelings toward me but I knew she wouldn't stop bothering me until I tell her.

"What else? I know there's something else." She said and I smile weakly at her since she knows me so well.

"I saw Natasha, you, and the rest of the team being killed by him and him stealing all of your faces. He then puts it on and tells me that it was all my fault." I said and closed my eyes which made her hug me tight. I wanted to cry, but I didn't. I just stayed there and smelled the familiar scent that used to soothe me.

After a while, she pulled away and held my shoulders as she looked at me. "Y/N maybe you should try making things work with Natasha again." She suggested which surprised me. "What?"

"Y/N I know that you know that I still love you. But you're clearly not over Natasha. And when you were with her you were so happy. Maybe if you fixed things up between her your nightmares and anxiety about the past will disappear."

"Ele you're suggesting this knowing it will hurt you." I said and I looked at her with concern since she looked at me sadly. "If that would make you happy and feel better then I can handle it."

"Ele you seem to be forgetting that I still hate her for revealing my past." I said and she held my hand. "Then try to at least befriend her first so your hatred may disappear." She suggested and I sighed.

"I'll go patrol around, and you apologize for cheating since I know you wouldn't be able to tell her the truth that you didn't actually cheat." She suggested and smiled at me. "Why are you doing this Ele?"

"Because I know you deserve to be happy too. So go now." She said as she pulled me up and picked up the radio and earpiece on my table and handed it to me.

"Thank you for this Ele. I'll repay you. I promise." I said and quickly kissed her cheek making her smile.

I then ran out of the building as I was putting the earpiece underneath my shirt and clipped the radio to my jeans. When I was done I quickly pressed the mic and put it near my lips.

"Jack, is Natasha with you?" I asked as I walked my way to the compound since agents are eyeing me and I can't be unprofessional.

"No. But she's alone at the Lounge and is reading a book, I think. Why?" Jack asked but I ignored him and jogged towards the Living area inside the compound.