Chapter 32

Dr. Cho was now removing the tube that was in my mouth but replacing it with a nasal cannula which didn't really bother me as much as the tube did.

"Now your surgery was successful but I'll still need you to wear this nasal cannula to help you breathe since your lungs took a bit of damage." She said and I smile weakly

Once the tube was gone I tried speaking for the first time. "Thanks." I frown since it came out very hoarse and sounded like I've been smoking for over 10 years.

"That's normal. Just practice every day in moderation and you should be able to speak normally in a couple of days or more." Dr. Cho said making me smile weakly at her.

"My. Body?" I said weakly and she removed the blanket showing my body

"Because you were in a coma for a couple of weeks your body atrophied. Meaning your muscles have relaxed and they don't have the ability to constrict in order to move your body properly." She said and I frown as I look at my sorry state.

"What. Do. I. Do?" I asked again and she smiled weakly. "You can try moving your body bit by bit every day but make sure not to overdo it." She said and I nod weakly.

I was about to ask something else when Natasha came in holding a bowl of ice chips making me instantly smile.

"Y/N, I got your ice chips." Natasha said as she raised the bowl and smiled at me while she approached me.

I could feel my heart beating faster as I saw her look at me with a smile again but I just ignored it

I then slowly lifted my hands but she stopped me, which confused me. She then sat beside me and used the spoon to feed the ice chips to me.

I then looked at her with a confused face. "Why. Nice?" I said with my hoarse voice as the doctor checked my IV. "You don't like me being nice?" She asked and this time she wasn't smiling.

I then gently shook my head no and she smiled again and put the spoon of ice chips in front of me

I then gently shook my head no and she smiled again and put the spoon of ice chips in front of me. I then gladly took some of it and honestly it felt like the most amazing thing I've had in my life.