Chapter 28

It was now morning and some agents took the Craverston from Jeff's house last night. We also told Fury, Steve, and the rest of the team what happened and Fury decided to send Steve and Sam as a backup along with some other agents which I agreed on.

I was now packing my clothes in the suitcase when Gisele entered the room with breakfast in hand. "Hey, I thought I'd make you breakfast since you've been on the phone last night and you didn't sleep since you were planning." She said as I sit on the bed and smile at her.

"I must say if this is what married couples do, then I guess it isn't that bad." I said as she placed the food on the table and sat beside me.

"It's not bad because it's me you're married to." She said proudly making me roll my eyes playfully.

"So, I wanted to ask about us." She said and I let out a sigh.

"Please Y/N. I need to know if what happened yesterday meant something." She said and I look at her and hold her hand.

"Ele I know you still have feelings for me. I've known for a long time but I need to be honest with you since I don't want you to get more hurt in the future." I said and she took a deep breath.

"Ele, I can't reciprocate your feelings for me. I'm broken, a bit of a mess, and frankly, you won't be able to keep anything hidden from me. Do you really want someone like that?"

"What if I do?" She asked and I sigh. "Well, you shouldn't. You deserve better Ele. You deserve someone better than me." I say honestly and she smiles at me as she tries not to cry.

"What if I wait for you? Because I can. I'll wait for you to get better." She said and I frown at her.

" She said and I frown at her

"No Ele. Don't do this to yourself." I begged her as a tear finally fell on her cheek and she quickly wiped it.

"Can you at least tell me if you even love me?" She asked and I held her cheek gently making her close her eyes.

"Of course, I love you Ele. I'll always love you. But I just can't give back the same amount you're giving me." I said as softly and I see her face show sadness before she hid it with a smile and opened her eyes to look at me.

"Did you regret what we did yesterday?" She asked and I gave her a weak smile. "I don't." I said making her smile as I remove my hand from her face.

"Our kiss was that good, huh?" She asked as she was now back to her old self. "I am neither confirming nor denying." I said as I grab some toast that she prepared and took a bite.

"So will we be doing it again?" She asked as I raised an eyebrow and glanced at her as she looked at me. "Maybe." I said as she smiled at me.

"That's a start I guess." She said and I chuckle. "Come on, let's eat on the bed like a real married couple would." I said as I stood up and grabbed the tray.