Ch. 4: Mind Blowing

"Luz!/Lucenda!" They screamed as Lilith caught Luz in her arms.

"Something is definitely up! Get her inside!" Eda said, still hopping on one leg! "And find my leg, King!"

Lilith looked at her daughter and got scared. She just got her back, she can't lose her again. Quickly picking her up, Lilith brought Luz into the owl house and set her down in the couch. She still saw a painful look on her face and had to do something.

'Maybe this will help.' Lilith thought, placing her hand in Luz's forehead and applying a little ice magic to cool her head.

Luz's expression slowly calmed as she was in less pain the before.

"That's it honey, everything will be fine." Lilith said, calmly.

Somehow, even after just learning she was her other mother, Luz felt calm from her words as he breathing became normal. Lilith smiled at this, glad to see Luz calm down before Eda came over with both legs this time.

"Alright, time to see what's going on with my niece." Eda said.

It was just easier for Eda to accept that Luz was suddenly her niece and move on to try and help her. Drawing a spell circle, Eda produced a light orb that shinned over Luz like an x-ray to see her organs and skeleton.

"Hmm, her body looks normal. Let's check out her heart, if she is a witch it should have a bile sack." Eda said as she moved the light upward.

They find it and are amazed.

"Despite laying dormant for a decade, it looks healthier than most witches." Eda said

"I remember when she performed her first spell." Lilith said with a sweet smile.

That was such a good day, one that Lilith always kept close to her heart.

"Well, since her body seems fine and her bile sack is fine, let's see what's causing her head pain." Eda said as the x-ray light moved up to Luz's head.

They couldn't find anything wrong, at least normally.

"It might be repressed memories coming up?" Lilith said, "remember when you had amnesia and had something similar?"

"Of course, ironic since that moment I was made to forgot I remember so fondly. But the question is, who put this spell on Luz?" Eda asked.

ink I know but I wished she didn't." Lilith said as she made a spell circle, summoning a photo to her hand. "I think in order to blend in with humans, she repressed Lucenda's memories."

Eda looked at the picture, it was Lilith and Camila on their wedding day.

"Oh, now I remember her! I thought the kid looked familiar but now I can see it! She's Cam's kid." Eda said as she undid the spell, letting the light orb fade. "But that's gonna make this tough. Her spells were even better than ours."

"I know, so I suggest we work together to break it. Since Lucenda is trying to remember, the spell is forcing her to repress the memories by giving her a headache." Lilith said as she put the photo to the side.

"Well, let's do this." Eda said.

"We have to be careful, if we mess up... she could die." Lilith said.

"Then we won't mess up." Eda said with determination to Lilith, "We Clawthornes are as tough as they come and this kid is no exception, I know from personal experience."

Lilith leaned over and kissed Luz's head.

"I love you."

Turning to Eda, Lilith nodded to her as they held hands and drew two spell circles towards Luz. They struggled for a second, before the spell began to work. Luz's head began to glow soft blue as an orb formed around her mind. The orb represented the memory repression spell and it was slowly cracking as the Clawthorne sisters continued to focus.

"It's working!" King said, watching from the table with glee.

"We almost got it, keep going!" Lilith said.

There was a blast of energy that sent them flying back. Lilith hit the ground and tried to use her remaining strength to get up.

"Mama?"