Ch. 7: Cursed Too Soon

Luz let out a small scream in surprise, clutching her mother until Lilith made a light orb for her to see.

"It's alright. The power just went out." Lilith said, calming her daughter.

"But why?" King asked, suddenly waking up from Luz's scream. "Hooty controls the lights, they shouldn't just go out like that."

They heard Hooty scream and rushed to the living room. Coming into the den, they saw that it was a mess with beastly claw marks scattered around the room! Not to mention that Eda was no longer on the couch.

"Eda's gone!" King said in fear before a growl was heard.

Turning towards the door, the trio saw that Hooty was dislodged and on the ground unconscious with a shadowed beast standing over him.

"Lucenda, get behind me, baby." Lilith said.

Lilith.... knew this beast and she knew she didn't want her daughter to face it. Now, tomorrow, or in the future; Luz should NEVER face this beast. Lilith summoned her staff.

"Edalyn, I know you're in there." Lilith said.

Eda growled at her.

"Eda!? That's Aunt Eda?!" Luz shouted in surprise, gazing at Eda with King.

"I shall explain later, sweetheart but right now I have to subdue her." Lilith said as she pointed her staff at Eda, "Lucenda, I need you to go find a bottle with a yellow liquid in it. Quickly!"

Before Luz could reply, Eda roared in her beast form as she charged at Lilith! The head coven witch charged as well as she created a force field to block her claws!

"I know you're in there, Edalyn, you don't need to fight me!"

Luz ran up the stairs and into Eda's room. King ran with her for safety as they barged into Eda's room, looking for the bottle of yellow liquid Lilith told them about.

"Search the closest! I'll check Eda's nest!" Luz said to King.

They look through the room, until they found one.

"Got it!" King said, holding the bottle up!

"Then let's go! We don't know how long mom can hold off Eda!" Luz said as she grabbed King and the bottle. "Hang on, I'm about to teleport!"

Luz made a spell circle and teleported to the living room, where she saw her mom being pinned down by Eda. Her staff to the side and snarling over, Eda roared at Lilith as she planned to finish her off!

"No! Aunty, stop!" Luz shouted.

Luz ran at her and knocked her off of Lilith.

"Luz!/Lucenda!" King and Lilith shouted in worry.

They watched as Luz jumped off Eda and held the bottle of liquid.

"Eda, please listen! We just want to help you!" Luz said as Eda just roared at her, charging.

Quickly using the spell she just learned, Luz teleported out of the way and above Eda. She let gravity take her and fell to her. She timed it right and got the bottle in Eda's mouth. Eda swallowed the liquid bottle, drinking it surprisingly fast, as the gem on her chest changed from black to amber. Eda's unconscious body laid on the ground. Lilith picked her up and looked at Luz.

"Are you okay, Sweetie?"

"Yeah, I'm fine but what about Aunt Eda? Why did she turn into.... that?" Luz asked.

"It's.... a long story, Lucenda. And not a pretty one." Lilith said as she placed Eda back on the couch. "Right now, I I think it's best we clean up this mess and wait for Edalyn to wake up."

"She'll be fine, right?"

"She's my sister. She's the toughest witch there is." Lilith said with a smile to her daughter, put a blanket over Eda, "Rest well."