Ch. 15: Reunited

Lilith took her into the room and Luz ran over to the one thing she hasn't seen in a few weeks... a bed.

"Oh, sweet god and Titan! Thank you!" Luz shouted as she jumped on the bed.

Lilith laughed.

"I suppose that is a valid reaction." Lilith said as she walked to the bed, sitting next to Luz, "I never thought you would be in this place."

"Why not? This place seems alright." Luz said, pulling her face from the pillow.

"Because... I thought you were dead." Lilith said, "I came home that day and you and Camila were gone."

"C... can you explain what happened?" Luz asked.

Luz may of gotten a few memories of that day, but she still doesn't know what happened specifically. Lilith closed her eyes.

"We made a plan, we would meet at the castle and run away to the human realm until... a problem was dealt with. We wanted to keep you safe, but there was a problem, they found your mom and you... I got home... you were both gone, there was blood, I... I thought you were dead." Lilith said, wiping tears from her eyes, "She loved it here, you know, she was like nothing I've ever seen. Maybe one day I can see her again."

"Why not now?"

Lilith and Luz turned to see Eda standing against the doorframe with the key dangling from her hand.

"I-I-I can't." Lilith said, "I haven't seen her in a decade. What would I even say?"

Luz placed a hand on Lilith's left hand, getting her attention.

"Just say what you feel is right. If mom feels the same way as you do, nothing else matters." Luz said with a smile.

"You think that will work?" Lilith asked.

"She is still married to you, legally speaking." Eda said.

"And mom never dated anyone else as far as I know." Luz added.

"Do you really think she wants to see me again?"

"Only one way to find out." Eda said, clicking the key without care.

Luz started to push Lilith towards it.

"Wait! I'm not ready!"

They pushed her through, and Eda tossed a bell at her.

"Ring it when you're ready to come back!"

The portal closed and Lilith groaned.

"Now let's go, Mama. Mami should be home from work by now." Luz said, pushing Lilith towards her house.

"Is my hair okay? What if she doesn't remember me? I did have dark orange hair and glasses when we got married."

Luz rolled her eyes at her mother's worry.

"You look fine mama and I'm sure mami will recognize you just by your eyes." Luz said to her as the house came into view.

"You ready?" Luz asked.

"No."

"Sure, you are, mom." Luz said as she pushed Lilith to the front door, standing next to her as she knocked on the door.

Lilith heard footsteps and looked at Luz for support... only to see her hiding around the corner.

"You are so grounded after this!" Lilith whisper shouted.

Luz just gave her a thumbs up as Lilith heard the door unlock and turned in a panic.

The door opened and Lilith heard Camila speak.

"Mi Amor?"