Ch. 11: Nightly Activity

"Well, let's get going." Lilith said, bringing Luz to the library.

Lilith got a call and had to excuse herself. As Luz went into the library, Lilith summoned a purple scroll to her hand and answered it.

"Hello?"

"Hello, Lilith."

"Father, I had no idea that you were going to call."

"I intended that but this is nothing bad. I just wish to speak of an important matter." Belos said to her.

"You do?"

"I need you to come to the castle tonight."

"Tonight? Why so sudden?" Lilith asked.

'Especially since my daughter is finally here with me?' Lilith thought.

"Because, this involves the group that attacked you and your family."

Lilith gasped at this, flashing back to the day her and Eda's blood parents were killed and Belos rescued them.

"I.... I'll be there at 7pm." Lilith said, clenching her fist tightly.

She hung up and started to breath heavily. She was only three when it happened, that was the first memory she had.

"Mama, what's wrong?"

Lilith froze at Luz's presence.

"Nothing, Lucenda. I just have to go out tonight. Let's get back to the tour."

Luz saw something was wrong but She didn't press on it, maybe at a better time when Lilith calms down.

"Now, let's go find a book to read."

"Okay mom." Luz said as they headed back to the library.

Later, Lilith was looking at Luz get into the makeshift bed.

"Are you okay, sweetie?"

"I'm fine, I'm just wondering.... why did you freeze up like that? Was the call something bad?" Luz asked her.

"I... I have to talk about something unpleasant." Lilith said, "I have to speak about the day my birth parents died."

"What? Why?" Luz asked her.

"Because...... the people that did it might return." Lilith said to her, "Nothing you need to worry about. I'll be back later."

She gave Luz a kiss to the cheek. She walked down the stairs and stopped at the fountain.

"Okay, my butt is not that big."

Even if she didn't WANT the statue built in her home, Lilith wished Eda got the proportions of her body right. She wasn't even going to bring up the "Eda was here" carved into her inner thigh, she was just going to kill Eda. Good thing she was probably going to meet with their father tonight.