Ch. 30: Their First Outing

Outside, the family was ready for their day out. Lilith was dressed a copy of her usual dress while Camilia wore something that really made her feel like she had always been a witch. a light blue dress with gold accents, complete with a dark blue cloak. Then there was Luz, who would never take off her hoodie. She didn't care she was now a royal, it was still a big part of who she was.

"Are you ready, Sweetheart?" Lilith asked.

"You bet I am, Mama."

"What about you, Beloved?" Lilith asked.

"Very ready, Lily." Camilia said as she wore a blue dress and a white cloak with a blue triangle gem on her chest.

"Wow, you're looking good, Mami."

"Thank you, mija." Camilia said to Luz as she summoned her staff, transforming it into a wristband for safety.

"Wow, will I be able to do that some day?"

"If you grandfather gives you an artificial one." Camilia said.

"Well, let's go."

Luz got in between her mothers, holding both their hands as they walked out of the castle.

'How did I get so lucky?' Lilith thought.

Lilith smiled at her family, walking through the forest towards Bonesborough market.

"I forgot how peaceful it could be here." Camila said.

"Yeah. It's all so beautiful, though different from the forests on Earth." Luz said.

"Yes, but both hold such beauty." Lilith said before sensing someone behind them, someone.... casually walking?

Lilith turned around but saw nothing.

"Are you okay, Mi Amor?"

"I just feel like we are being watched. Maybe I'm just being paranoid." Lilith said as she continued walking with her family. "Maybe this family day is what I need to calm my nerves."

Camilia and Luz nodded in agreement but in reality, they actually were being followed by an invisible Rachael, the double agent working for Belos, but before reporting to him, she decided to follow her niece Lilith and her family to learn about them a bit.

'She's such a loving mother.' Rachael thought.

She remained invisible as she followed them, thinking of a cover to give Caine if he finds out she's doing this.

'I'll just tell him I'm gathering intel on Luz.' She thought.

The mothers and daughter made it to the edge of the woods.

"So, what are going to do?" Luz asked.

"Well, I suggest we take a tour of the town. I'm sure Camilia would like to see some old sights." Lilith said.

"Okay, lead the way."

Lilith nodded to her family as she led them into town, being a tour guide for anything new for Camilia and anything Luz hasn't seen yet. People bowed when they saw Lilith. Being the princess of the isles, Lilith should've expected this and somewhat hated it. She wanted people to respect her for her skill, not her social standing. It's the reasons why she joined the emperor's coven. But at the same time, she had power unmatched by anyone. Both in magic and status. But everyone had to wonder who the two with Lilith were?

"W-w-why are they staring at us?" Luz asked.

"Well, when you're a princess and the head of the emperor's coven, people tend to greatly respect you. A bit too much if you ask me." Lilith said.