Ch. 36: It's a Mad House

"Alright, you can remove your hands now Lucenda." Lilith said.

Luz nodded to her mother as she pulled her hands from Amity's face as they all sat frown in the den, ready to talk about Amity's family problem.

"Alright, what's the matter?" Lilith asked.

Luz looked to Amity, giving her a look of support as she nodded to her. It was time to come clean and tell Lilith what's been going on.

"Ms. Lilith, I haven't been honest with you concerning my home life." Amity said nervously before she took a deep breath and closed her eyes, "But now, I think it's time I tell you. I... I'm being abused by my mom!"

"...." Lilith and Camila were surprisingly silent as they gazed at Amity and Luz.

"Could you repeat that, Amity?" Lilith said in a calm tone, but Luz could tell she was furious!

It was from her experience in getting in trouble back when she thought she was human, a silent calm before the storm. The WORST kind if you were on the receiving end. Amity couldn't respond, instead choosing to just show the bruises. A suddenly flux of magic filled the room, cracking the floor severally as the hair of Lilith, Camila, and Luz was floating in the air! Lilith was furious because her ward was being abused and she couldn't see it! Camila was furious because a child was being abused, no reason could support that! And Luz was furious because it was worse than she thought, mental and physical abuse! Amity has never witnessed such power before. Now she understood why they were part of the Royal Family.

"I am going to have a VERY serious talk with Odalia after this. Alador as well because he didn't seem to be stopping it." Lilith said as Camila summoned her staff.

"Agreed. And maybe I should come to SMACK some sense into Alador as well." Camila said as she cast a healing spell on Amity hidden bruises.

"He doesn't know about it." Amity said, gripping the edge of her uniform.

"Luz, why don't you take Amity to the library while your mother and I... talk." Camila said.

Luz nodded as she calm down, relieving some of the magic pressure in the room.

"Sure, Mami." Luz said as she took Amity's hand, the green haired girl looking over her newly healed body.

'Amazing. She healed me in less than a few seconds.' Amity thought of Camila.

"Come on, Amity."

Amity didn't reply as she nodded, following Luz out of the den and left the two mothers to talk.

"...Is the death penalty still good here?" Camila asked after the girls left.

"Unfortunately, it's reserved for those that try and kill father." Lilith said.

Camila groaned at this. The only other option was petrification but that wouldn't have been as satisfying for the abusive women Odalia was now seen as.

"I am going to speak to Father about this, see what we can do." Lilith said.

"I still say the death penalty is fair enough." Camila said to her wife.

"As do I, but it isn't up to us yet."

Camila mumbled at this as she and Lilith made their way back to the castle, hopefully Belos would give out an appropriate yet painful punishment for Odalia's abuse.

"Camila, please try and remain calm." Lilith said, "You don't think straight when you're angry."

"I know but I don't care right now." Camila said as she used her staff to teleport them to the Emperor's Castle.