Ch. 29: Family Problems

The next day, In the Castle, Eda and Lilith were having a mock battle. Eda slammed her staff against Lilith's and brought Lilith to her knees, trying to push Eda off her. He eyes started glowing and she knocked Eda off, sending her into the wall. Ever since she connected with the Titan, Lilith's magic power was increased tenfold, and she had to train to control it.

"Damn, Lily, I think you broke my rib."

"Oh! Apologies, sister. I guess I still don't know my new strength." Lilith said as she rushed to held Eda out of the crater in the wall.

"You and me both." Eda said, holding her broken rib. If I had that, I would kick your ass. Ow."

"Do you need help?"

"Yeah, I really do. Help get to a Healer, would ya?"

"Of course." Lilith said as she helped Eda out of the training hall.

They made it to a Healer and checked out Eda.

"Well, the good news you don't have a broken rib." The Healer said.

"That's go-"

"You have six."

Both Clawthornes dropped their jaws at this reveal, the youngest almost fainting from shock as Lilith held her head.

'I need to train more to control my strength, MUCH more.' Lilith thought.

"Well, Lily, help me to my room. I probably won't be leaving it for a while."

"O-Okay, sister." Lilith stuttered out, still surprised by her strength as she went to help Eda up, "I'm sorry, Edalyn, I didn't mean to hurt you that much."

"I know but don't worry. It's me! I'll be back on my feet in no time." Eda said to her.

Lilith got Eda to the bed and before she left, she went over to Eda's old desk. She opened the secret opening and pulled out a bottle of Apple Blood.

"How did you know about that?" Eda asked.

"Eda, the Titan has watched us since we were adopted, of course he told me this." Lilith said, "Don't worry, he never told Father."

She put the bottle next to Eda, knowing it would end up there if she put it there or not.

"I guess the Titan also told you I like a bottle to help me sleep?" Eda asked.

"Yes. He also said it would help with the pain of your healing ribs." Lilith said, pointing to Eda's bandage covered chest and abdomen.

"Well, he's not wrong."

Grabbing the bottle, Eda took the cork off and took a big sip, swallowing it with vigor before setting it back in her side table.

"I'm good Lily, go hang out with your kid." Eda said, trying to shoo Lilith away.

"If you're sure, very well. Get plenty of rest." Lilith said as she walked out of the room.

'You know, this could be an opportunity for your plan with Edalyn and that Raine witch.' The Titan said to Lilith.

'I would prefer not to talk about this near Edalyn.' Lilith thought, 'Don't forget that she can hear my thoughts in the castle, if she wishes.'

'But Belos has turned her off the idea because he kept checking in her, remember?' Titan asked her.

'Just because she doesn't want to, doesn't mean she can't.'

Lilith was luckily enough to have left Eda's room so she can speak freely to the Titan.

"Now, everything should be good for Raine's Cove initiation and Edalyn will be there... even if I have to drug her and drag her there myself."

'I would say that's a bit extreme, but I can't deny there is some logic in that action.' The Titan said.