Ch. 10: Mama's Manor

Luz and Lilith landed outside of Lilith's manor, complete with a large steel fence around it.

"Wow, this is your house?" Luz asked.

Lilith chuckled.

"Correction, our house, sweetie."

Guiding Luz to the front door, Lilith pulled out two keys before handing one to Luz.

"Here. You have the honors." Lilith said as Luz took the key, the key to her house.

Luz walked up and unlocked the front door. She opened it and saw a massive hardwood floor, dark blue walls, two sets of stairs, and even a fountain... that she will never forget unfortunately.

"Why do you have a fountain of you, naked, with water coming out of your breasts?"

"Your aunt got that installed when I was working. It's one of my least favorite pranks." Lilith said, "Just ignore it, that's what I do."

"I.... don't think I can." Luz said, not taking her eyes off of the strange statue until Lilith covered them.

"Let me just show you around. That should help." Lilith said, guiding Luz away from the statue, "Now, this is my main room, what humans would call a living room."

Luz looked at the blue room, a little lighter than the front area. It had a fire place, several expensive chairs, a small table between the main chairs, a large sofa that looked like it was taken straight from the Victorian age. Luz noticed a few paintings of Lilith, Eda, even a couple of Luz and her mom. One, the largest, above the fire place. It had Eda, Lilith, and a man with a mask on.

"Hey, mom, who's that with you and Aunt Eda?" Luz asked, pointing to the large portrait.

"That is our father. He found us when we were practically babies and took us in." Lilith said, "Our birth parents died from a monster, which we would've too, if he didn't come and help."

"He seems like a great guy. I hope I get it met him someday." Luz said with a smile.

'Oh Luz, if only you knew that he was the Emperor.' Lilith thought.

"Anyway, let's continue the tour. I should show you my garden." Lilith said, "Wait, actually, I'm still cleaning your aunt's prank there."

"Her pranks are still there?" Luz asked.

"Yes, you'd be surprised how long magical pranks and cursed graffiti can last." Lilith said, "Well, how about I show you the library."

"A library? Yes, please." Luz said with a grin.

A library, a world of books with endless possibilities. A normal library would offer books of adventure, drama, romance, etc. but a demon realm library offers all those with magic as well.

"Come along then." Lilith said, "I'm sure you'll enjoy it."

Following Luz through the mansion, Luz noticed how lonely it seemed. Nobody else was in the halls besides them.

'Did mom live alone all these years?' Luz thought, saddened and wondering why her other mother never came back. 'I know it was to protect me but this is where I belong. Where she belongs too."

"Do you have anyone else come?" Luz asked, "This place seems... empty."

Lilith frowned a bit as she shook her head.

"Afraid not. Originally, I wanted this home for Camilia and I to have a larger family than you but...you are aware." Lilith said to her.

"I'm aware that something happened, but I don't know what." Luz said.

"We already told you, we worried because of your advanced amount of magic power, you would get attention from the wrong people. Out of that fear, Camilia took you to the human world. Something I regretted for so long because it tore our family apart." Lilith said as she hugged Luz, it wasn't the whole truth though, but Luz didn't need to know, "Something I refuse to let happen again."

"It won't, I won't leave you again, Mama."

The two witches held each other close as a new goal was added to Luz's list.

1. Find a cure for her Aunt Eda.
2. Bring her other mother, Camilia, back to the Boiling Isles.

Should be easy.