Ch. 40: Nightmarish Warning

Lilith tucked Luz into a bed.

"Mom, I'm not six." Luz said.

"I have a decade to make up for." Lilith said, giving Luz a kiss to the head.

Luz giggled from the kiss as she snuggled into bed, enjoying the affection from her second mother that she didn't know she needed until she got her back.

"Goodnight, mama." Luz said to Lilith.

"Goodnight, Lucenda." Lilith said to Luz with a smile.

She turned off the light and went to her room, where Camila was waiting for her in a... skimpy outfit.

"Hello, my Love." Camila said, "Care to try for a second child?"

Lilith smirked and walked over, removing her dress in the process.

"Always."

The lights in their room went out as Lilith took her wife to bed and they got to work, passionately to give Luz a little brother or sister in the future.

"I can't tell you how much I've missed you." Lilith said.

"Then show me."

Lilith smiled at her wife as she moved on top of her, kissing her as Camila held her close by the hips.

"Just as good as I remember."

"The same to you." Camila replied.

As the two had sex, Luz was tossing in her sleep. Though she should've been having good dreams with being back in the Boiling Isles and having great friends, but instead, she as having nightmares of night her family was divided because of Caine with a strange voice calling out to her. She shot up and was breathing heavily. She put a hand up to her face, remembering what she saw and what she was told by that mysterious voice in her nightmares/forgotten memories. She felt tears running down her face as the memories. She felt a hand on her shoulder and looked up. Lilith, wearing a robe, cupped her daughter's cheek and wiped the tears away.

"I'm here, nothing will hurt you as long as I'm here." Lilith said.

Luz couldn't reply as she continued to cry, she was too emotional after having such a nightmare. Lilith hugged her and picked her up. She carried her all the way to her and Camila's room.

"I....I don't want to lose you again." Luz said as she hugged her mother close.

"I know. And I feel the same." Lilith said as she placed Luz in bed with Camila hugging her. "I and Camila."

The two mothers hugged their daughter. Feeling her emotions calm down, Luz slowly drifted back to sleep in the embrace of her mothers but the voice from her nightmare lingered in the back of her mind.

'Beware, for a greater challenge is coming.'

Lilith watched Luz sleep, feeling sad that her baby was so upset by something.

"You're worry about her too, aren't you?" Camila whispered, still awake and looking at Lilith.

"How could I not? Until a while ago, our family was fractured, and I think it still troubles Lucenda." Lilith whispers as she wiped away a stray tear from Luz's face. "I just want her to be happy and not worry about anything else that might hurt us again."

"I know, but she'll be able to overcome this. She's a strong girl... just like her mother." Camila said.

Lilith smiled at the compliment before giving Camila a quick kiss.

"And like her other mother as well." Lilith said as they fell asleep together.

Luz smiled as her moms hugged her in her sleep. Whatever challenge was coming, she could face it as long as she had her family by her side.