Ch. 31: Put A Ring On It

At the castle, Belos walked to Eda's room. He has her uniform in a garment bag. He decided that it would be nice to get her opinion on it.

"Edalyn, are you decent?"

"Like you haven't seen it before. You changed my diapers when I was a baby." Eda said.

"I know but still, you are a young woman now and I am your father. There comes a time when I can't just barge in anymore." He said as he grabbed the doorknob.

"Yeah, I'm dress. Not like I can move without hurting myself."

Belos entered the room and brought the garnet back to Eda as she stepped out of the bathroom.

'Too much apple blood.' The Titan said with a chuckle.

"Can't move, huh?"

"Well... it was either that or drown in vomit." Eda said, "What's in the bag?"

"A change of clothes. I thought since you "officially" joined the coven, you should have something more fitting. No offense to your style but you wear ripped clothing too much." Belos said as he placed the garment bag on the bed. Eda looked at the outfit. It was a dark red dress, a white cloak with a gold trim, a silver Owl Mask, and dark red heels.

"I figured you deserved to have something to show you're more than just another guard." Belos said, "I have a blue version for your sister."

"So, we'd match huh? Not bad but..." Eda said as she tried to rip it but found it impossible.

"Did I mention it's enchanted to adjust to any size, prevent battle damage, prevent wear and tear?" Belos said with a smirk, knowing Eda would try to "stylize" it.

"Yeah, thanks." Eda said, "Glad to know you learned."

"Well after I spent thousands on your wardrobe and you ripped/burned half of them, I took a little time to make sure it was impossible."

Eda chuckled at this as she drew a spell circle, making a screen cover appear so she could try it on, despite being in immense pain, she wanted to do something with her father for once. After a few minutes, she came out with the hood up and the mask in hand.

"How do I look?" Eda asked.

"Like a true Coven Head."

Eda felt conflicted about his wording but knew where father meant well as she placed the owl mask over her face to complete the look. Belos placed a hand on Eda's shoulders.

"You have no idea how proud it makes me to see you wear this." He said.

"Yeah, I guess it does make you all warm inside. So, what's the occasion for this dress?" Eda asked.

"A new coven head is being named and I need you to act as a stand-in for Lilith." Belos explained to her.

"Great... did you forget the broken ribs?" Eda asked.

"I might have a solution."

"You don't mean?"

"I'll go collect it from the Relics Hall."

"Why? I already know those relics are just for show." Eda said.

"That was lie I told you so you wouldn't play with them in your youth." Belos said.

"Please, we both know that Lilith would've played with them... I would've sold them."

"And that why I'm glad I said they were just for show." Belos said as he summoned his staff. "Be back in a flash."

"I guess I'll wait."

With the parents, Luz went to the bathroom and Lilith decided to speak to Camila.