Ch. 13: Golden Savior

As Lilith and Eda were talking with their father, Luz was in a makeshift bed reading a magic tome with old spells. Ever since she got here, Luz wanted to learn all she could about magic and now she was in a mansion FULL of books on magic.

"I know mama wants me to go to bed, but I need to know more."

Eda's curse was still on her mind and Luz hoped these old books would have a cure somewhere in their pages.

"I can save her."

'I know I can.' Luz thought as she continued looking through the book until she came across a section of magical artifacts.

Each one was dedicated to the nine covens and had enough power to equal the coven leaders.

"I wonder if I could be in the government here?"

Luz thought the only way she could get her hands on these powerful artifacts was to join the coven system but she still didn't know which one would help cure Eda until she read about "The Healing Hat."

"Maybe I should ask mom if this is something I should do."

Lilith was a coven head, the Emperor's Coven head no less. Maybe she could get the hat for her. Luz heard a noise outside, which startled her.

'What was that?!' Luz thought, holding the book close as she looked to her door.

She heard the noise get closer and got nervous. She heard a fight and waited until it was over to open the door. She saw several bodies and one person in a gold mask standing in the middle.

"W-w-who are you?" Luz asked.

"I'm the Golden Guard... also, I'm your mom's cousin."

"W-What?" Luz asked before looking over to the bodies on the ground. "A-and who are t-they?"

"Bad people. They came to kidnap you, but I stopped them." He said as he walked to Luz. "It's not safe here, you need to come with me to safety. Your mother and aunt are already there."

Luz looked at the bodies and held her head. Another memory came up. She was told that Camila took her to the Human Realm to protect her from someone, but this memory, it had screaming, fire, and people chasing her and Camila. Camila didn't take her to the Human Realm by choice, she took her there because they were being attacked!

"T-t-they're the ones that attack us. They're the reason my mom took me and fled to the Human Realm."

"Yes, uncle told me. Now come on, we don't have time to waste before more show up." He said, taking Luz's hand and leading her out of the mansion.