||~𝔗𝔥𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔶 𝔗𝔴𝔬~||

Kyojuro awakens to the curtains framing the window gently blowing in the breeze above his head

Kyojuro awakens to the curtains framing the window gently blowing in the breeze above his head. He breathes heavily as he tries to ground himself in reality from the unpleasant nightmare he was subjected to in his sleep. He finally evens out his breathing and blinks groggily.

Ever since he heard what Sakiya had done for him and how she put her own life on the line to save him by tethering herself to him he had nightmares that she had not survived. Gruesome visions of her failing to fend off upper moon three or sacrificing her life for his plagued any sleep he attempted to get and it didn't help at all that Rui appeared in them also.

The horrifying vision of the small demon child who Kyojuro had surprisingly gotten attached to impaled by that pink haired demon replayed behind his closed eyes intensifying his night terrors. It was a constant battle trying to get any rest. One that he was desperately losing.

"Are they bad?" a gentle voice drifts over to Kyojuro breaking the silence and the flame haired man's head snaps over to the bed beside him, his breathing halting.

Sakiya sits up in her bed, her bright eyes staring at him as she slowly pets Tanjiro's hair as the boy lies asleep half sprawled on her lap. He notices Zenitsu lying across the middle of the bed accompanied by Inosuke who lies on his back, his upper body hanging limply off the foot of the bed, arms dangling towards the ground.

"Sakiya..." Kyojuro breathes out at a loss for words as he sees her there perfectly fine as if she hadn't been unconscious for weeks in the bed beside him.

"Your nightmares are bad are they not? I'm sorry that they are plaguing you so persistently" Sakiya says guilt eating at her as she can figure out what his terrors must be about.

Once she had awoken to the three teens asleep at her side she had plenty of time to think about the events that had transpired at the train wreck and how they had landed her here. She held onto the reassurance that Kyojuro was alright and that no one had lost their lives during the attack.

Though these things were promised by Yoriichi she couldn't help but wonder if she made the right decision in letting upper moon three go. It was a gamble, one that she was only partially sure would result the way she wanted it to.