Twenty-four.

Y/n was shook awake by her friend at five thirty.

Nothing was worse than being woken up by someone at an early hour, having to rush to get ready and bleeding while doing so.

The cramps were better. Hopefully they wouldn't come back because she needed to concentrate on her (temporary) team.

Coach Nekomata told her to wear her girls' volleyball jumper in the morning for her to use in her time managing.

Wearing it, she felt professional and cool, kind of like she was part of the boys' team. She didn't really get to wear it at her own practices.

"Y/nn let's go!" Aiko called, grabbing her arm and dragging her to the canteen.

She winced and pulled away when they got to the crowded room, feeling her scar being squeezed.

"You good?" She furrowed her brows, studying her features.

She nodded with a smile, "yeah, cramps are still killing me."

Aiko frowned, pulled her sleeve up and glared at her friend in disappointment and frustration. She was in trouble.

"I-I wasn't—" her friend slapped her straight across her face. She felt her fingers reaching up to her cheek, the sting settling in.

"You promised me!" She yelled, people turned to look at them, a tear rolled down her face and she sniffled, "how many times."

Y/n didn't know it would have hurt her friend this much. Was it weird that she was enjoying this? She must have finally gone mad.

Y/n looked down at her shorter friend blankly, "Once."

She got another, lighter slap this time.

"Ow." She frowned looking away, feeling the intense gaze of the others, "can we go somewhere else?" She muttered.

Aiko pulled her out into the hallway.

"I swear I did it only once since I moved away." She hugged her waist, trying to seem small.

"YOU SAID YOU WOULDN'T DO IT AGAIN—YOU—you said you were okay!" Her friend cried, pulling her into a hug.

"It's okay..." Y/n patted her back. It was weird. How she was the one who was comforting. It was funny how others were more affected by her pain than she was herself.

"No." The girl pulled away in fury. She really had to make up her mind whether she was angry or upset.

The door creaked open and slammed shut.

"Hey." Nekoma's captain called out defensively, having seen the whole scene, "what's going on here." he demanded.

Aiko wiped her tears as Y/n awkwardly patted her back.

"Erm. Nothing. We're good." She shot him a lopsided smile, telling him she was alright. He ignored this and stepped closer to study her face tracing his hand on her cheek.

"Why did you slap her?"

"That's something that doesn't concern you." Her friend glared, crossing her arms.

He frowned, "Yes it does."

Y/n pushed his hand down, "It's my fault Tsurō. Please go eat your breakfast." She looked down at her watch, "your first practice starts in twenty."

His expression softened, and he managed to crack a smirk, "you're taking your role as manager seriously huh?"

She sighed, humming in conformation.