Four.

It had been a week since they were informed of  the news that they'd be moving to Tokyo. No, Y/n still wasn't happy about this, but she had come to peace with it.

She and Kenma had played for four hours straight that day. Afterwards, they texted each other about life and Y/n was really happy that he seemed interested. Aiko had left laughing to herself telling her to have fun like the mom friend she was.                                                                         
Obviously Y/n made sure that she wasn't ditching her friend and apologised, promising to buy her a pack of strawberry pocky sticks the next day, which she did.

It was a Saturday, and her mother told her to pack up the last of her belongings. Their furniture was being taken out tomorrow and they were leaving on Monday.

While she was packing she'd found her old notebook she calls the friend book. She had started it when she was fifteen. This was a notebook of all her friends she'd ever made. which was not a lot. so far she got to fill four pages. After reading the rest, she flipped to an empty page and took out a pen. Carefully writing the name Kozume Kenma. She started scribbling down everything she knew about him, and leaving the parts she didn't know empty, to be filled out later.

16 october 1995, apple pie, any shade of blue, he didn't say (he probably doesn't read), Rush Hour, Mission impossible (cliché, cue eyeroll*) John Wick!!

She drew a line and wrote dislikes: Mustard yellow, spicy food (are you kidding me??)

Note: He's really cute when flustered. Seems to be brutally honest.

She decided to get to know him better before writing anything else, closing the book.

I'm going to get you to watch something other than action movies Kozume. You have to embrace your inner k-drama/romance fan.

Y/n grabbed her phone and texted him.

Y/n:
Kozume! I think you should watch something other than action movies. So I'd like to assign you a movie if that's alright with you~

While she waited for him to answer, she took a quick shower after finishing packing up. She had told Kenma she'd be moving to Tokyo which he congratulated her for. Turns out, they'd only be living ten minutes away.

Kozume:
Ah, alright.

She grabbed her phone from her bed and smiled.

Y/n:
how about...our beloved summer? You can find it on Netflix if you have that. I just thought you should change up the genre a bit.

Kozume:
I suppose I could check it out..

After watching the trailer, Kenma aggressively started texting her.

Kozume:
There is no way I'm watching a romance show.

She grinned;

Y/n:
Talking to you I've learned that you prejudge a lot. So just give it a shot. It's fun to watch with friends, to make fun of the characters and plot.

She waited for two minutes before he replied with a 'fine'.

Aiko arrived to sleep over since it was their last days together. They were and hour and a half in to Spiderman far from home when Y/n got a text message from Kenma.

Kozume:
I watched the first three episodes with Kuroo. It was awful.

Y/n:
Liar you loved it.

Kozume:
Eh. Now you have to watch what I tell you to watch.

Y/n:
Hmph, deny all you want.

Y/n:
Alrighty.

Kozume:
Kuroo and I think we should make you suffer the way you made us suffer, so you're going to watch fight club.

Y/n:
How could making me watch fight club make me suffer?

Kozume:
You watched it?

Y/n:
Duh. Masterpiece fr fr.

Kozume:
That's actually kinda cool.

Y/n:
Of course I am. Now admit it, you liked the drama.

Kozume:
Ok. It wasn't awful, might continue, but still not as good as fight club.

Y/n:
Obviously. I just wanted you to watch something other than action and violence.

Kozume:
Anyways, I told Kuroo you were having trouble with chemistry. He said he'd be glad to help you if you had any questions.

Y/n's face burned up from embarrassment. She hadn't even wanted Kenma to know how she was failing her classes. Now that Nekoma's captain knew she may as well commit that double suicide with Dazai. At least he took a liking to all women.

Kozume:
Y/n?

She breathed in, not wanting to catch Aiko's attention. She seemed to be off in dreamland anyways.

Y/n:
Idk.

Kozume:
Why

Y/n:
I don't know him.

Kozume:
Oh. Well anyways, I gave him your number.
Here's his, *** *** ** **

Y/n frowned and her brows furrowed in frustration. She really liked Kenma. But him just giving her number away without asking annoyed her a little. But it was her fault for telling too much about herself in the first place.
Hopefully this guy wasn't a weirdo.

Right when she decided to close the laptop and her phone to call it a night, she got a new message.

*** *** ** **
Hey, It's Kuroo. Just wanted to apologise for Kenma, he can be a little careless sometimes but I promise he's a good person. So don't give up on him.

*** *** ** **
And also, if you need help with studies (especially Chemistry) I'd be more that happy to help Kenma's first proper friend in millenniums.

Give up on him? First proper friend?  Y/n thought to herself in wonder.

Y/n:
It's fine! Kozume's a little quiet and doesn't talk much if you don't start the convo but I definitely understand and relate to that. Plus he's really fun to game with. There's like a whole new side to him.

Kuroo Tetsuro:
 I'm glad you think so. Anyways I've got to go, but again, do let me know if you need help ;)

Y/n:
Sure.

Y/n didn't plan on doing that anytime soon. Or ever. There was no way she'd ask for help from someone she never even saw before.

Then again, that might change soon because she'd be moving to Tokyo. It was nerve wracking to even think about moving away from her hometown.

It was either going to be tolerable, or an absolute disaster.

•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•

I used to wonder why Wattpad authors couldn't write better stuff and now that I'm trying to write 'better stuff' I understand that thinking of a story in your head is much easier than actually executing the plan.

Mainly because there is no plan.