Payback

TW: Depiction of sexual intercourse. 

She picked up from the port's comms in the background that the Justifier had landed, and soon enough saw Bane walking to the Dalcassian. Bounty hunter's stride, rugged looks and posture showed that Bane was irked as hell. She sighed, thinking for a moment about the option of not letting the man in. A pissed off Duros wasn't on her list of things she had planned for today. She exhaled and opened the door, watching him approaching. She leaned to the door and waited for what was coming.

Bane had asked her to gather intel for a mission considering one particular Chagrian senator's family, but the Duros hadn't once again opened up what was going on. They hadn't seen each other in a Month and Bane's expression did not promise good. She thought again about closing the door. Maybe one more Month would do good... Then Bane was on the boarding ramp, striding past her inside.

"Nice to see you too..." she said, turning towards Bane who was leaning on the table obviously thinking how to lash out.

"Your intel was bullshit and I had to use the good part of last week trying to get rid of the security forces of three families. Lady, you are losing your edge." Bane was glancing at her under his brows, red eyes burning.

"How about you explain what happened and then I, too, can judge how bullshit my work was."

"I asked you to get info about that Chagrian family. You just forgot to put anything there, that they have such close ties to both one Koorivar and other Chagrian diplomat families... I got all of them on my tail after kidnapping the senator's cousin. Had to ditch him eventually." Bane was snarling.

She was silent for a long while. So long, that the Duros turned his head. Eventually she spoke.

"...You were going to kidnap someone..?" now she sounded irked.

"May I remind you, that you once again told me shit about what you were going to do, and asked me to just get all the information about that family? That I didn't need to know the details? Haven't I said, that with poor scope you get lousy intel? They are mostly a trade family, so I concentrated on that side since I had to focus on something. The ties they have on those two families are marginal normally, but they retaliate as one to specific threats. I think that info was a couple of sentences amongst all the data I gave you... No wonder you missed it." her voice was gnarling, not ready to take the blame for Bane's flawed mission. She was getting angry. During the years they had mostly gotten over with Bane's distrust to share specifics of particular jobs, but this had been one of them he had chosen not to give any details.

Bane bolted to her, teeth bared and a grimace on his face.

"That cost me a hefty amount of credits and a week's worth of time."

She was about to lose her rag to his face, but then just sighed. What would that help..? She took a couple of steps away from the still boiling Duros.

"Bane, I do not ask you to trust me, but it would help if you'd give some credit to my work ethics after these years... It's not like we fight for the same contracts. ...Hell, we are in different leagues." she waved her hand towards Bane who glanced at her with a bit perplexed look in his eyes. She gave out a short laugh seeing Duros' face.

"You never thought about it? So, even if you told me more precisely what you need there is a little risk that I'd go and steal your job and I have no reason to sabotage you either, nor sell you out. Intel gatherer who does that won't be in the business for long."

She let her words sink in for a moment. It seemed that Bane had not really spent much thought on it.

"You're too used to thinking everyone is a rival."