it comes back to bite you: Part VI /VI

She entered the cockpit where Bane was sitting, watching silently the passing shards of lights.

"Bane?" He turned his eyes on Her, and She hated not being able to read the Duros now.

"I know for sure who it is now, and that our next contact is the last one. From there we will get the info on how to get to the goal."

"It's the Bazos?" Bane's expression was full of spite and anger, when he spat out the words.

She nodded. Bane's growl sent chills down even Her spine. "I should have killed that fucker back then after the credits." Then Bane fell silent again.

They arrived at Coruscant to contact's apartment, and as before they were not expected. There were drawbacks when taking care that no info leaked out, as it also prevented effectively warning others, if something went wrong. So, they had all been sitting Nunas for them. Last one was no exception.

Contact was a human, Merrel Wanh, who was in his early sixties. He was relaxedly sitting in a comfortable chair, reading one of the rarely found printed books he so much prized later that evening in his huge apartment in one of Coruscant's most prominent skyscrapers. She knocked at the huge apartment's door the same time when Bane was helping himself in through the balcony doors. The man came to the door confused, and She introduced to be apartment staff, telling, that there had been a leak alarm in the apartment, and She needed to check it. Wanh let Her in without hesitation. She shook Her head behind the man's back. It never failed to pretend to be of maintenance... Everybody let you automatically through. She smiled at Wanh, pointing Her blaster at him, at the same time hearing Bane's footsteps behind the man. Wanh gasped, when the Duros grabbed the collar of his jacket, and threw him onto the floor. The man obviously recognized Bane, and he screamed in fear, turning as white as a Wampa. Bane's expression was a mix of pleasure for the reaction, and bare rage. It seemed weird to see the Duros so riled up, but She didn't blame him. Bane didn't like the idea that his decision to leave Bazos alive had come back to bite him.

The questioning was short but effective. The man blabbered everything he knew. She thought that maybe the time with Neimoidians had also given him a trait of cowardice. Though, how could She blame someone for wanting to save themselves from pain and dying, if there was even a slightest chance for that.

Wanh told, that instructions were that when he acquired Bane, he was to contact Bazos, and deliver him and his gear to a private apartment building in Coruscant at a given time. The method remained the same: cuffed and restrained to the hovering platform, but not sedated.

Bane pulled away the blaster aimed at the man, and lifted the brim of his hat with the tip of his gun.

"Why would we disappoint him then... After all this ruckus and preparations it would be a shame that he couldn't collect the spoils..." Bane's expression changed to a malicious grin.

They made the preparations. Wanh was so eager to use any means to save himself that he agreed to anything. He contacted Bazos, and informed, that his employee would be delivering Bane as requested. When all was clear, and the call was over, Bane sank a bolt into the man's head.

She wore a tactical gear with a helmet to hide Her appearance. When they arrived at given coordinates, and landed on the apartment's private landing platform She informed their arrival as instructed, and Bane laid down on the hovering slate, cuffs unlocked in his hands and legs. They hoped that the Neimoidian would be too eager to get Bane, so he wouldn't notice too soon he had all his gear on.